Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Different color ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while ago, i saw a post about cloaking, thats where i picked up: 'a cloak is an item that changes the ships texture to an invisible, see-through one' a

So now im wondering: An item that changes a ships texture into another colour, not like 'red paint job'
but more like 'large transport green paint job'

this would not color the whole ship, but, lets say... on a transport there are several patches of yellow , make those and some more patches customisable in colour

only several ships have this option, like on a:
star flier, star tracker ect (change the orange strips and cockpit color)
SCV (change the yellow parts)
falcon, eagle ect (change yellow tinge)
X shuttle (change green shading)
Transport, large traansport (change and add coulor patches)

and so and so
interesting idea...

some of the major factions (big trading groups like gateway for example) could throw some credits at the admins to get custom paintjobs for their primary ships, perhaps a 'gateway' logo on the paintjob for their transports.
The textures for a ship are stored clientside as far as I am aware, Cloak mods must work in a different way.
' Wrote:The textures for a ship are stored clientside as far as I am aware, Cloak mods must work in a different way.

If they're stored client-side, then if you change them will others see the changes?

(Hypothetical.)
that would be a niente, no only you see them and also i think right now client side mods are also a no no to use, i asked hoodlum a while ago if i would be able to use a client side mod to change the looks of me old sabre to something of more intrest unfortunentely he said no. i reckon the cheat detector might pick something up in there and give you the boot