Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shortcut for multiple servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone remind how it's possible to unite several quick connect links into one Freelancer shortcut? I'm sure there was a way, learned shortly after 4.84 was released, but don't remember exact technology.

For example, our current quick connect shortcut looks as follows:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s82.113.48.5:2302
My question is, can we add more IPs, and how many more, and how it should be done?
good question, I was wondering this myself. I have tried just putting the same thing again (with different IP) after the disco IP before, but it didn't work.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s82.113.48.5:2302 -sXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2302 -sXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2302
Adding several ip numbers with a space works for me on a single desktop icon.
Of course you can copy and paste the icon on your desktop, have different ip numbers and rename each to the server name but it works with just one for me

Edit: alternatively you can edit
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\freelancer.ini
Inside you will find:

[ListServer]
;;;hostname = localhost ;Your local machine
;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com ;GUN server in Austin
;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190 ;GUN server in Redmond
hostname = 82.113.48.5:2302 ;Discovery 24/7 RP Server

The first three lines are simply examples, the fourth was edited by me
I got the global server work around.
' Wrote:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s82.113.48.5:2302 -sXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2302 -sXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2302
Adding several ip numbers with a space works for me on a single desktop icon.
Of course you can copy and paste the icon on your desktop, have different ip numbers and rename each to the server name but it works with just one for me

Funny... I tried that and it really didn't work. Ahhh well. I'll try it again when the training server is up.
Just put up several of -s(IP_ADDRESS) at the end of shortcut and that's all.

For example: "Freelancer.exe -s80.240.211.23:2302 -s10.20.6.254:2302"

If you aren't sure - use "fldirectip.hta" located in Freelancer/EXE directory. Just run it like executable.
Just download the global server work around.