Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A little favor to ask of pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok my other character is a trader and i really have no problem paying a pirate his bit of cash for my life. Some things that bug me though. First you guys don't need to be so quick to blow us traders out of space. Yes some of us DO role play as well as making cash so give us a chance to gripe moan and complain a little. Who wouldn't when getting robbed? Secondly Please PLEASE stop trying to get me to stop for you if i am 9k or farther away and in cruise. I am not going to stop for you, you have no real chance of catching me before i make the next jump and staying in the character of a trader i would not stop for you unless you had a reasonable chance of killing me. Next, asking for double the amount normally demanded just because you had no chance to catch me before is really a load of crap. It is not my fault you did not position yourself where you actually had a prayer of stopping me. Remember most independant traders are SUPPOSED to try and get away not just turn belly up and pay off. Good RP demands we play our characters so please act accordingly.
I'm going to demand for you to halt as soon as I see you (within 10k). Who knows? Maybe I'll get a trader who fears me so much he doesn't want to risk making me mad... hey, I can dream can't I?

And we're quick on the triggers because we're sick of having traders disappear right in front of us (thank you Korrad!!! :yahoo:) and we're sick of traders using the time to move forward and we're sick of traders who use the time to call in capships against us (had a guy call 3 (three!!!) rheinland cruisers into Sigma13).

If you start to RP and stop moving and I don't think I'm in eminent danger from NPCs or other players I won't shoot, but if I'm rushed, the trader is going down.
All i have to add is, STOP ROBBING TRADER's WHO ARE EMPTY!!!. Make's no sense. I even fly alot with no bat's/bot's, so i will loose nothing. I find it ooRP, so i will say to pirate //kill me then. i have no cargo/ammo to loose, so why pay you.:angry:
ryoken, one question, you are not roleplaying when you are empty? as empty trader you loose. your life.....
' Wrote:All i have to add is, STOP ROBBING TRADER's WHO ARE EMPTY!!!. Make's no sense. I even fly alot with no bat's/bot's, so i will loose nothing. I find it ooRP, so i will say to pirate //kill me then. i have no cargo/ammo to loose, so why pay you.:angry:

It depends on where you are. Sometimes a pirate might just need money to fund a raid, or maybe they don't like you there in the first place? Sometimes it is OoRP for a pirate to pirate an empty trader (like a Rogue), but sometimes it makes more sense than you might think.

' Wrote:ryoken, one question, you are not roleplaying when you are empty? as empty trader you loose. your life.....

He's right on that. Is your life not as important as some cargo? Escape pods don't have a 100% survival rate...'

And on topic: If any pirate asks you to pay from 10k away, they have no clue how to pirate. Better to ignore them, then, or, better yet, roleplay an argument with him. Those are fun!

Also, don't be static with RP when playing a trader. If a pirate is pirating you, and you have been there for five minutes, the pirate is going to be annoyed or afraid in RP. What kind of a pirate wants a pirating run to take a long time? Not I. Probably not any other ones, either. Remember, pirates have bigger priorities than whether or not you make money or whether or not you're comfortable with paying them. They want your money, end of story. When you ask a lot of questions, it takes longer, and it makes the pirate less comfortable, and he's the one with the guns.
If I catch you trading in Hokkaido or Chugoku, I -will- be taxing you very high amounts. And I won't give you much time to respond either.

As for asking one to halt from 9k away.. makes sense, if you know the direction that player is headed in. Consider an adv. train. That thing turns so slow it's not even funny... so if you cruise towards them and they're cruising towards you, you can say "Halt" from 9k away and catch them before they're able to turn around.

Pirating empty traders.. why not?
I agree with Bacon above. I've had traders that want to debate the political and social issues of Rheinland and or issues on Planet Crete. I like good RP, but don't have the time to debate social issues. I'll warn to cut it short professor, then I warm up the Razor, Nova, or both

Sass
So in other words if you are a trader it is shut up pay up and don't bother to role play because pirates are allowed to role play it as much as they want but a trader is just supposed to pay up and get out right?
If i am stopped and RP'ing with you in open chat it is highly unlikely i am calling for the cops. Personally if i stop i am going to pay up because there is not much chance of getting away once you stop. So why not RP it out and get paid instead of blasting me the instant you decide it is time to. I can see where if a trader is close to a gate and is inching towards it that you might need to open up on them but if the guy is dead in space and chatting he will most likely pay up. Unless like one of the posts above you make outrageous demands before you kill him. (which if i have read correctly is against the rules and can get you sanctioned)
I have run into several pirates who RP very well and some who could use just a bit of improvement and then there are the ones who all you ever hear from them is "HALT 2 mil or die". We each have our own style and role we like to play so we need to have a little more fun with it and see how it goes. You never know you might enjoy the game a lot more and maybe just maybe more players will start trying to RP better instead of the dreaded "2 mil or die" crap that you see much to often.
HaH! I'm at the both ends. I pirate and would love it if one of my marks RPed. Lots just try to run without saying a word when caught.
I've had a few Rpers (Kudos to "Vincent.something.something and Kyle Whisperer and some others.). No, as a pirate im not going to stop pirating empty people. There are different needs and goals in pirating. Sometimes an empty trader is perfect for what my goal is.

On the other hand I'm also a trader. I STAY quiet so that I don't draw attention to myself. And as a trader I ALWAYS take cargo...unless I'm exploring. And even then , if I get caught, I get caught. And I pay up. Seriously.

Stop complaining about the Pirating / Trading thing. It's all fine.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO ROLEPLAY. Stop coming onto these forums and complaining about every little thing. Instead...Figure out how to not get caught by pirates.

Edit: This is probably too harsh considering Grimtooths OP was quite nice and polite. I'm just getting tired of both sides complaining on the Forums instead of RPing in game. Thats what this server is for. RP. You can't come on the the forums and ask the pirates to not pirate you.
I pay any pirate who RP's a pirate, and obey's rule's.
I see him in group with a cap i screen,and dock.
I here HALT out of no where in a populated system i ignore it.(IE HALT WHO?)
I have a lone fighter come up to me,and say 2 mil or die, i do not even turn on my com's. i just blow him to hell.(amazing how people in a fighter think they can rob you with no fire power)
I have also had Hacker/rogue/outcast try to pirate my junker Guard Cruiser???? What is up with that?
And the biggest thing that annoy's the crap out of me was seeing an outcast, pirating a junker, 1k from a junker base????? That Guy was just blown to hell be my junker guard without warning, for being an ooRP $^&*&%$
Pages: 1 2 3