Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoner Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings. I don't know if alreay someone sai anything about it, because i was way for some time, and i don't have much time to spend here.

I alredy had several gunboats. All are good in some points and bad in others. Except one! The Conference. Well it is a nice looking ship and can fire all 6 guns to the front but ... that's all! It has the power core of a gunship, the handling of a gunboat and the size of a heavy gunboat. I'm not sure but i think that on 4.85 was even bigger, but still is a big gunboat. So ... why?!! There are heavier gunboats that can handle better!! I know what some will say " hey! it has the 6 turrets shooting forward. Some don't" I know that! But i bet those are more agile, or have better power core or smaller ... or all of it!

Ok let's compare facts, using the Wiki data. http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Gunboats
See it?!!
Facts are facts, and now with the open nomad ID, i bet ... already saw one ... some no RP shooting manic will get the the Nomad gunboat, that not only handles a bit better but has a better armor .. i forgot to tell about the Conference armor that is 4th worst ... but also has a big powercore, and i don't care that has one less turret but has a front gun and their guns are better that the Zoners ones. I still remember on 4.8 that every one wanted Zoner turrets, even Liberty navy and now ... is almost the same has basic, and using cerbs or pulse or razor with this power core?!! Forget it!
So what i ask is simple .. at least give the Conference a gunboat powercore. That will improve a lot and give the Conference a fighting chance. Or why not making a heavy Conference? The Hathor is a upgraded Conference, so why the Zoners don't make a Zoner Hathor? I know that it handles like a truck but has a big power core, 8 guns and a lot armor, and probably has the same size!

Thank you and take care all
the new one is a bit flatter i think

but i don t think its rebalanced - for many ppl - zoners = civilians = below average strength

i d agree with y medium core for sure - but even so - we have to wait for 87 - and the general rebalance of gunboats.

anyway - the conference is more an armored transport than a gunboat - players ( especiallyl official factions in the houses ) should treat it like that. ... which most of them do - i think
Jinx i remember once seeing one of your projects for a new Conference, and it was great.

But tell me what civilian faction has shipyards and capital ships?!

I don't ask too much! just that the conference be treated a bit more fair. i know that only on the new version that is possible, but ... let's see if those who are responsible for that remember and give a little more justice to the Conference.
i m not telling you what is - but how its perceived.

one of the major "problems" if it is a problem - is of course that zoners make their gear available for almost everyone

since it is almost not restricted and one can see freelancers, corsairs, outcasts, order, rogues and cooperations with it - it is kind of generic - or at least very similar to what civilian/generic tech is like.

if zoner gear was more restricted - it could be ... different ( see whale )

edit: also i am not proposing to change that - one may say that it is one of the characteristics of the zoner faction to cater to everyone...
(04-16-2013, 01:54 PM)Jinx Wrote: [ -> ]i m not telling you what is - but how its perceived.

one of the major "problems" if it is a problem - is of course that zoners make their gear available for almost everyone

since it is almost not restricted and one can see freelancers, corsairs, outcasts, order, rogues and cooperations with it - it is kind of generic - or at least very similar to what civilian/generic tech is like.

if zoner gear was more restricted - it could be ... different ( see whale )

edit: also i am not proposing to change that - one may say that it is one of the characteristics of the zoner faction to cater to everyone...

It should be Zoner+allies restricted.
Jinx, you being the Zoner-go-to-guy, tell us this:

If Zoners have shipyards and have carriers, battleships, cruisers and such, then doesn't that mean that they (At least a specific part of the Zoners who are responsible for military operations) are not civilians? Then why should their gunboat be Civilian? Remove the availablility for other IDs by increasing the nerf and actually use it as a GB that fits the rest of the line. A Zoner gunboat. Not a Civilian gunboat.
fine - make the official factions agree on altering the tech nerf table to a full nerf on all that are not allies.

from a dev pov - it really makes little difference. - but one should really ask oneself if that does not kind of mess with the idea of the faction - whatever the faction is like these days - again - something to ask the 3 factions.

i kind of doubt that there will be agreement on that matter... and i m also not sure to what beneficial effect it might come - zoner may get a gunboat that compares to other ships of its size ... and still not being able to pvp per ID. difference being - then - no one can in these ships, cause no one but zoners would fly them anymore.
Should be fully nerfed to other factions unless its SRP or under admin approval.
Good alternative would be to create a civilian shipyard, hosting civilian ships ( gunboats, and dare i say cruisers ) - maybe even add a feature for POBS to design a ship for their own ( its already possible to pimp ) from scrapped ships like osiris perhaps ( altough the stats should remain the same ) - I'd like to have a osiris that looks like a spyglass
The problem with a civilian shipline in the first place, as far as I remember, is because the ships have to be rebalanced against all possible ships they could be used against. And since the Civ line is usable by practically every faction in the game, the ships are simply weaker than their counterparts by default with a few possible exceptions where the ships are so different, they fall into their own category (Roc/Waran).

Let's face it, it is not because they are Civilian that they are worse than military ones. It is because OORP balance reasons and it is understandable. It is impossible to make the ships good AND be balanced against every ship in the game.
Yes well, the Zoner ID probably needs a change as well.

But that's another issue.
Pages: 1 2