Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bombers and zoom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think their ability to zoom out has to be taken away.
Opinions?
I don't see how zoom on snubs is OP...

It just messes me up when I try to use it.
Bombers already shouldn't have zoom. They're forward firing, just like fighters. If bombers can TS that is a bug.

bloogaL

(04-16-2013, 02:27 PM)Sava Wrote: [ -> ]I think their ability to zoom out has to be taken away.
Opinions?
EDIT: Misread, nevermind. Yes, remove zoom for all bombers.

As for my opinion on the matter, snubs should not be able to zoom. Turret zoom/steer should be a feature that is there to help capital ships which would, in a real FL universe, be piloted by multiple crew members that are really only controlled by a single player carry out more than one task at once, i.e., turning at the same time as aiming in another direction. Bombers are snubs. Granted some are piloted by more than one crew member, but I still think that they should be piloted more or less from the perspective of the one cockpit window (I say more or less because yes you can pilot in 3rd person, but the camera still only points forwards). I already dislike the fact that zooming pretty much gives you auto-aim on caps, it's even worse to have it on bombers which have SNACs. Not to mention the massive arcs you get on some SNAC slots meaning you can fire it at ridiculous angles in TS/Z.
I find the vote results rather interesting, and completely agree with it.
Code:
Poll: Do bombers need zoom?
Bombers don't need zoom*        7    100.00%
Can't live without zooming bombers        0    0%

And Aet, whether it was intentional or just a bug, turret zoom was never removed from bombers, which makes it rather problematic with auto-aim SNs on all bombers and even more problematic with bombers that have too many turrets (Jaguar and such).
To be honest i only use it for making pictures which can be very handy. If you want to do turret zoom on a snub you just cut yourself in the fingers and die just more easy. But thats my 2cents
I remember fighting some bombers some months ago, it was the first time I was shot by bombers with hullbusters on my fighter since the creation of bomber weapons.But that might have been already fixed, because I havent fought someone using TZ on bombers for some time...

There is also a question, what about SHFs?
(04-16-2013, 03:08 PM)Vrabcek Wrote: [ -> ]I remember fighting some bombers some months ago, it was the first time I was shot by bombers with hullbusters on my fighter since the creation of bomber weapons.But that might have been already fixed, because I havent fought someone using TZ on bombers for some time...
TS and TZ had a big effect on the balance of pvp. There are still some bombers shooting down fighters with their Energy Guns, and pulling off some SNAC moves that was not possible before. Add to that some small freighters being turned from silly ships into terrifying vessels of destruction... And all that years of snub experience doesn't help at all, really... Or I totally suck at this.

(04-16-2013, 03:08 PM)Vrabcek Wrote: [ -> ]There is also a question, what about SHFs?
SHFs used to be so easy, and now near impossible to defeat alone at least for me.
Most of bombers I flew can zoom. (Bergelmir can't zoom,for example)
But that "feature" is really annoying (especially in bomber vs bomber) and I consider it lame.
I would love to see it gone from any and all bombers (and from all other ships,but that's just another story)
Personally I would like to see a limited ability to zoom out on all ships just for the sake of taking good screencaps (you cannot take a good picture of a Manta while flying it if your life depended on it), not combat stuff. Bombers do not really need zoom, but speaking of that do SHFs have zoom? I do not think the Werewolf does, but I have not flown any others since TZ was introduced.
Pages: 1 2 3 4