Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Children of Conviction Faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure all of you have at least looked at the Children of Conviction thread located here, and if you have now I suggest you check it out, it's a very interesting read. Once I am back to the states, I will be starting them unoffically on the server (along with Darkside, but that's another story all together). I was wanting to know the servers opinion on both the Roleplay and Faction idea. I know you guys usually have a good idea as to what is kosher and proper in Discovery.

In summary, the faction "Children of Conviction" are from 1244 A.S. and a mysterious group the CoC only refer to as "The Menace" came to Sirius space and began exterminating mankind system by system. All the houses were wiped out and mankind bound together in an attempt to flee Sirius and find a new home away from this "Menace". However, as they were attempting to jump away in the newly built Sleepership with experemental engines, the Menace attacked, using their temporal weapons to destroy their engines. However, something strange happened and the ship was pulled from the future timeline and hurled 428 years into the past, just after the First Nomad war (there wound up being three seperate Nomad wars, the first only in 800 A.S.). The scientists on board the U.S.S. Defiance, the human's last flagship and sleepership, clearly stated that the actions they performed in the past could not affect them, so changes they made to the timeline would not affect them as people, only those in the future.

Now, this is where it gets tricky.

I will wait to perform the last post in the roleplay actually ingame. I will talk to the leader of the SA in complete roleplay in group chat, explaining to them what is to happen in the future with "The Menace". We will warn Liberty, and those people in the time of 816 A.S. We will request that all information on CoC be classified in the top most regions of the government. CoC will remain on the border of Sirius and never speak to any Civilian or Sirius ships. Nor will they attack any one if they are pirated, they will only act in self-defense.

All those who want to vote on this please do. I would have posted this in the other forum (faction forum) but I'm not posting a faction document yet, and I just more wanted to get the people's opinion on what you think of the faction before I jump before I look at where I'm jumping. Let me know guys, thanks for reading.

~Leo
So what exactly will you do in RP if you don't communicate with people? (Or most people for that matter because you're classified?)
They will mainly be the unoffical protectors of mankind, bordering on Sirius and just being a mysterious faction that little know anything about. We will hunt Nomads and other non-human factions that may arise in the near future and pose a threat to mankind.

Higher ranking members in each Government may contact us, and roleplay on the server could be that there are undercover CoC members here and there in Sirius watching things that happen and making sure that things stay the same in the timeline as it did according to their records.

~Leo
Sounds like the Order. Except without time as a variable.
Negative.

The Order are considered enemies of Liberty and all other lawful factions within Sirius space, that and many people know about their existance, both in and out of Roleplay. This is a chance to start anew with new ideas and roleplay. The Order has been RPed to death in almost every RP mod. However, I can see the similarties, and that's why I posted this up to get people's opinions, and somewhat to get an idea of how it looks in Discovery.

~Leo
Good as a story but not so good as a faction in my opinion.
I'm with Equinox: I liked it a lot, but don't see where you'd have enough to do in-game. Factions without enough to do die off pretty quick.
I liked the idea, kind of, but not talking to any ships from Sirius? What's the point in that? I think that you would ultimately be better off creating an Order faction and roleplaying that, as it seems you'll hardly have anything to do with this new faction anyway.
Ummm, I gotta say if all you're going to do is hunt the Phantoms and Nomads, Disco's current non-human populace, you're not going to be doing much, and as Zapp said, factions that don't do much die, quick.
What ships would you use? If you are from the future you should have some damn nifty weaponry and interesting ships but hard to get without a new mod version.