Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pelican Armored Transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im posting a poll on this, because I'd like this ship to make a little more sense as a "VIP-Transport" or "Passenger-Safe Shuttle".

Frankly, I think a thrust speed of 140 is just ridiculously slow, considering it should bring VIP Persona and Passengers safely across destinations.

Considering its size, it might be well worth it to make it at least 160ms, as to escape gunboats, from which it doesent have a chance in running away from.

Hell, maybe some extra CM slots might be a good idea also (like the Yacht).

What do you think?
Keep in mind that the Pelican costs less than 4 million currently, while the Democritus costs 70 million.
They may be similar lore-wise, but giving the Pelican extra stuff would turn it into a whole different class of ship.

Frankly, the Pelican is already a very powerful ship. 2 class ten guns and 7 turrets, all of which can fire forward, and enough armor to survive a nova with a proper upgrade, combined with its very small size for a transport turns it into some kind of super, super heavy fighter.
Giving it the ability to thrust at that speed would make it very damn nearly indestructible, since it could thrust away from gunboats and beat snubs.

Frankly, it's fine as it is. If it were to get upgrades like increased thrust speed, it should cost twenty times as much.

Edit: Your poll lacks a "keep it as it is" option.
Keep it as it is. Pelicans are already extremely survivable as they are.
Keep as is. If I was a mod I'd add the option :|