Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Visitable planets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all.

In the crossfire mod we saw that we can visit the atmosphere of the planet.

I have an idea to introduce the technology by RP in this mod :

We can use the planet California Minor or a terraformed new planet to make the atmosphere visitable because we have civilian freighters and shuttles for RP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53S_NB_QvBU

(Watch the video for example)

Is this technology only belong to this mod or we can make this possible on discovery?
Just once I'd like to be able to take in the scenery of a planet!
Although that is really cool and would be great for Discovery, I'm guessing they did it by having the planet's surface be its own system, and it would make the Disco folder be HUGE if we did it for every planet

That, and another mod has it, so we can't
Yeah I think we should add this possibility on planet Harris and only able to flight in the atmosphere with the atmospheric exploration ship avalaible on this planet in Tau 31.
Why we can't have an awesome mechanic just because another mod has it? Disco works by the dibs system or something?
nah it's just the game already has a fornicate load of systems, and server activity is spread across such a large area- it would be counter-productive to add visitable planets as then players have even fewer chance of encountering fellow players, and then you might as well go play singleplayer.
How about turning the unnecessary systems into planet surfaces, instead of deleting them?

Would be less effort than deleting them I guess.
(07-05-2013, 02:55 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]How about turning the unnecessary systems into planet surfaces, instead of deleting them?

Would be less effort than deleting them I guess.

Yes pls.
And how do we get the mod making people to see/hear/talk about this? =P
Just spread this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3