Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gearbox bought Homeworld
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/22/homewo...-purchase/

That's it gaming is finished. Go home everyone, dreams and memories are about to be detonated
Damn it.
Quote:The company statement goes on: "Brian intends as first priority to direct Gearbox's interest to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games, Homeworld and Homeworld 2, with the intent of making them accessible on today's leading digital platforms."
cool, so they're gonna port it to a tablet OS
(04-22-2013, 08:21 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]Damn it.

I can see it Rod it's going to be beautiful!

The flagship is exploding!

360 NO TORPEDO
+300XP
LEVEL UP
I don't know what your worried about, its not like GearBox have a history of completely ruining game franchies that they buy from other companies before eventually releaseing a very poor game that everyone hates.

Oh wait ...
Flagship is under attack...

<game over>
Opening hyperspace window! We're outta here!
Well Gearbox did take the Half-Life IP and they used it to make Opposing Force, that was a pretty good game. As long as they do not send any Homeworld games into developmental limbo or make it while they making another Borderlands game things should be okay
I've got my fingers crossed... But I do not have high hopes Sad

Homeworld 1, Cataclysm, and Homeworld 2 will forever be remembered as some of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Pages: 1 2