Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A short survey - How did you find Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Nice dig, but I'll play -

I played for a few years on the DiscoUSA server, and enjoyed the high standard of RP the group there held themselves to. However it was not to last, with the community rebelling and eventually the server administration self-destructed. I took a little break but the FL universe continued calling, and I found myself here.
Well, at first I asked for a racing game to my father and then went over to a shop and brought me freelancer because p seller said he had a running mission , I was so angry I started playing , but never clicked the multiplayer button even with a key. I had no interest, now after several years about 5 more or less I decided to come and discover this universe which is the discovery .
I'm kinda oldschool, I was a great Elite fan back in the 80's and I upgraded to freelancer in 2003. When I completed the single player campaign which was pretty quick, I eventually decided to play multiplayer and Discovery was the server with most players ...
What will happen in the future is anybody's guess, but I sincerely hope it never dies, it's part of my life!
It was added up to the gaming magazine, might be Gamestar or something.
Hi everybody.

I Have be playing computer games since the good old day of ZX-Spectum, C64, Amstrad 464, Commodore Amiga and so on. One of the games i loved playing was Elite. When i finally got a PC and Freelancer was out i fell in love with that game too.
Time has passed and other games came along, I am currently playing SWTOR, but freelancer is the kind of game you come back to from time to time, so i did a search on the net for any sequel or expansions, and that is when i found out about this mod.
I have been playing for a while, and while i am not the greatest RP person i do try to play along. Mostly i spend my time exploring, and getting my funds up to hopefully at some point try my hands on a capital ship in one of the fractions.
Pros: Expanded universe, with ongoing history line that changes the map, the politics, and what you encounter. New ships to pilot. New factions to deal with.
Conn: RP. Not my thing TBH but i AM trying. TS: Lat time i joined there to see if it was possible to liven up the universe, all i got was two obnoxious players (no names mentions) endlessly chanting "USA USA...."

Hope that helps the Admin group with some info. Smile
I was having some trouble with the vanilla game, where it would refuse to load up (which is strange, since it has worked before on my current setup), so I looked online for help, and saw that people were NOT having the issue specifically with this mod.

I thought, "Perhaps it's time to try something new," and downloaded the mod.
By looking up terrible fan videos for vanilla Freelancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANmdY9HWdGw
Iv looking for my favorite music from game on YT,and on that page was this video.So i dld mod,found my Freelancer game and after a long time i started to play again!
I was a VERY late arrival to FL. I had no idea the game even existed untill mid 2012. A friend of mine gave me a few of his old PC games and one of them was Freelancer. I have always been a sci-fi, space fan, so I was immediately hooked. Quite impressive for a game that was already 9 years old at that point.

After playing through the story mode several times, and exploring the entire Sirius sector, I moved on to other games. Sometime back in mid 2015, I got the urge to play again. Having played games like Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout, I had been exposed to the wonderful world of mods. So, I fired up good old Google and began looking for something that would breathe new life into this classic game.

I have never been a big multiplayer fan, mostly because of all the trolls that environment tends to attract, so I was looking for something that expanded on the SP story mode. That led me to download the Crossfire mod. I was impressed with what they had done, and decided to give MP a shot. That was, disappointing, to say the least. There were never more than 5 to 10 people online at any given time, and these were of the troll variety I mentioned earlier.

So, I began to search again and happened across Spazzy's (aka. sindroms) Youtube videos. The idea of a community dedicated not only to keeping this game alive, but to provide a good RP experience as well piqued my interest. So I found the mod on ModDB, downloaded it, and have been playing almost everyday since January of this year.

So it wasn't one thing in particular, but a combination of many that brougt me into the Disco fold. Regardless of the circumstances of how I got here, I am happy I did. And I would just like to thank not only the mod developers and admins for a job well done, but the community as a whole for keeping this gem of a game alive, and providing a good reason to enter the 'verse once more. I salute you all!
I do pixel graphics of ships and wanted a tool for freelancer model viewing. That brought me to several sites and in the end I ended up here, falling in love with the APM designs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20