Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A short survey - How did you find Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I used to play on the North Quadrant years ago, they closed down. I heard a lot of good and bad about Disco. In the end, it was all just personal opinions and bad experiences. I checked it out and ended up here. That was 2010, I have played off and on since then, mostly off. But now I'm back and I'll be playing much more.
Dane Summers (A friend inRL) introduced me to the mod. Before that, played the SP campaign a bunch, including a rework that changed all the ships to Star Wars ships. I forget the mod name, but it was fun.
Quote: including a rework that changed all the ships to Star Wars ships. I forget the mod name, but it was fun.

That was North Quadrant, They had Star Wars ships and Star Wars Systems. NQ was the nickname. I was [NQT]Gingerbreadman and .:{BR}:.Cauldron
I saw a screenshot of what looked like Freelancer on Imgur, except the ship being piloted was a battleship (LNS), and I asked the person what game it was because it was awefully like Freelancer and they told me to look up Discovery because its awesome for awesome's sake. That was a nice sentence.
One time, I had found the Disco server after a small peek into Freelancer MP. Never gave it much mind until present day.

I REGRET EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DONE
Other: Freelancer global server list. it was the only server that had an active population of players i saw a few weeks ago.
A friend passed me the mod for LAN play away back in the day - we'd previously played vanilla before then, but he didn't really play Discovery himself until a couple of months later. He'd just thought it looked interesting enough for me to try at the time.
I was reviewing emails from three years ago and read a notice from Lancers reactor portal and a little snooping I ended uploading the game , once again . and while searching for mods , i stumbled upon the face book for FL and read about Discovery , so here I am.. ,
I was searching for Elite frontier (and of course freelancer too) similar game and found the Space Sim Central and there found info on Freelancer online, the only functional(for me) mod was this.
Regards
I was looking on ModDB for a mod called Freelancer: The Void when I saw the mod.

Gave it a try, and I'm still here.
#DiscoBestFLModEver
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20