Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A short survey - How did you find Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
It was back then when I started going to high school.
I met new friends and one of them told us about Discovery 4.84 (most of us never played Freelancer actually)
One day I had a chance to try play it on his computer,at first Open Single Player and later online (I think I killed something with his 6xmissile Bottlenose without RP-ing...he never told me I had to RP,I just shot what was red Big Grin )

So,I joined Disco with couple of my friends without ever bothering playing Single Player (that was the worst mistake I ever made, it made me a total noob in lore knowledge and PvP), untill the server got DDOS'd.
I was playing Void 2017 and North Quadrant server back then and was using the "freelancer server statistics" site to look where are the most players are...at first i compared mods by the sheer mb they ocupy so i was not really interested in Discovery but i antered and it cought me...

EDIT: I know my Joined date is jun 2008 but i was on the server long before i even knew it had forums...
Just moved this to the welcome area and pinned it. Should make it more accessible to people who've just joined.
Big thanks to jammi for making the poll more accessible.

(04-26-2013, 11:29 AM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Just moved this to the welcome area and pinned it. Should make it more accessible to people who've just joined.

I'm glad to see so many participants so far, a trend is starting to show. Everyone's participation is greatly appreciated. The larger the catchment, the more reliable the results will be, so it's best to wait before we draw any conclusions.

All the best
Other.

I had just finished playing the Singleplayer game again after forgetting entirely about Freelancer.

I clicked Multiplayer, saw nothing. Remembered about the workaround, installed it, and saw 'Freelancer RP'.

I was sold.
Accidentialy via search. I was looking for updates of PlasmaFire mod, and found Discovery. Downloaded, installed, tried to play SP, failed with it, went to Online. Two-three mounths of trying to understand whats all that about. Then just staid and played 'till now.
Mostly Coalition was that given me that much chances to stay. I learned of its existance quite awhile after came to Disco. Wanted to join but was afraid that I was too newbie for it. Wait for half a year and applied, the got in. Was damn happy.
As other mods disappeared followed the number of players online.
I was actually introduced to Discovery by an old friend of mine, and her husband, who used to play here back in the days of version .83, they knew I was into sci-fi RP, and into Freelancer, so they pretty much bothered me to come check this place out, until I finally did.

They apparently didn't like .84 very much, so they left a short time after I started, but that was it, I was hooked on Disco.
Kept getting linked to Freelancer while browsing TvTropes. I'm not kidding. Got the mod the same day I got the game, although I played through the single player first.
Not 100% sure, but i think it was through youtube. So "other".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20