Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some guns are beyond terrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-07-2013, 04:25 PM)Rodnas Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, before i forget- i remember something about sucky Zoner weapons: weren't they made like that because they had no regular "real" enemies before the nommie ID change? Aka: the friendly peacefull faction doesn't need proper war machinery or something like that?

Zoner guns should definitely be among the weakest, it only makes sense.
However.....that doesn't explain why their guns are worse than civvy weapons in every possible way (and no one can claim 5.88 is so much better than 8.33 that it warrants lower dps AND much higher e/s).

No need for conspiracy theories here.
Basically, what I can say at this point can be summed up in quotes.

(04-27-2013, 04:52 PM)Xenosaga Wrote: [ -> ]The 5.88 laser/photon guns are too weak when compared to 8.33 laser guns, having less energy efficiency AND less DPS often.
(07-02-2012, 06:24 PM)Xenosaga Wrote: [ -> ]8.33 were buffed across the board, they are damn efficient and have nice DPS. And most of them are 750m/s too. So I do not get why 5.88 are so extremely crippled and especially so different among themselves, regarding energy efficiency.

And

(04-26-2013, 03:36 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]This is being addressed in 4.87. It can't be solved sooner.
Mhh noth worth opening another thread so i will just post few points in here.

- NPCs around planets / Taus / Omega are a way to powerful. Their spawn time and number of ships should be weaken. Once I saw 3 different battleships patrols around Manhattan. Could even make the server less busy.

- Weapon platforms, Base weapons should be nerfed a bit. Like making their projectile speed slower and decrease the respawn time of weapon platforms (NPCs ones only not player base ones). Though the refire rate is kinda hilarious. To be honest currently it isnt worth the effort to take weapon-platforms out, just to watch how they respawn again after 20 seconds. I would say 5-10min should it take for one platform to respawn.
Makes sense for Gaian guns to be energy efficient, but low damage.

Environmentalists, saving energy, saving the planet/space or something dumb like that. 8|
(05-07-2013, 08:49 PM)why_so_serious Wrote: [ -> ]Though the refire rate is kinda hilarious.

NPC stations and platforms fire faster and faster the more players there are in the area. You can't really control it beyond making them fire RIDICULOUSLY slow (thus altering player weapons for battleship bases, unless you make custom weapons for them)

You'll see Battleship Razors firing at about 1.25 times a second with 40 people around the Missouri.
Well you could add the GC Guns to that list,too.Nearly 0 dmg for their energy costs

but ye only my 2 cents
all the other guns are Just overpowered, and should be nerfed to equal the lower dmg/s and energy lvl9 guns.
This topic is hilarious and useless.

Corsairs tried to ask why their guns went from 112 energy per shot to 120 energy per shot in 4.86 and they got trolled and received that crap called corsair guns now.
I tried to whine why Scylla is the weakest heavy cruiser with tragic heavy arcs asking for 2 360° heavies and as result I got 2 heavy gun positions swapped with 2 medium gun positions so you can aim even harder with the heavy guns, and 50 useless bots more.

(04-26-2013, 03:36 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]This is being addressed in 4.87. It can't be solved sooner.
Also AD statement is lie and total crap:
If Blodo can change the corsair guns and hessian bomber in 4.86 without total version using the simple autoupdater program made by Cannon then he might apply all kind of micro updates using the said updater whatever he want. Gun balance and stats change it not rocket science but just modifying some text after doing some simple maths.
The updater ask you to comfort the update while starting the game client and do all automatically so there is absolutely no problem to do such changes 24/7- only server restart is required. Proof by Cannon:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...t=DSUpdate
You can easy feed the new players with such crap statements but it is kinda hard to prove them.

The guide of getting better stuff to your faction is simple:
1 Skype
2 Make Skype friends
3 Lick your Skype friends back sides to fix your faction guns or to overpower them like in certain cases.
About the platforms is fun too I would give you a tip- the only guard system that got nova shooting platforms is?
(05-08-2013, 10:23 AM)Govedo13 Wrote: [ -> ]This topic is hilarious and useless.

Corsairs tried to ask why their guns went from 112 energy per shot to 120 energy per shot in 4.86 and they got trolled and received that crap called corsair guns now.
I tried to whine why Scylla is the weakest heavy cruiser with tragic heavy arcs asking for 2 360° heavies and as result I got 2 heavy gun positions swapped with 2 medium gun positions so you can aim even harder with the heavy guns, and 50 useless bots more.

Also AD statement is lie and total crap:
If Blodo can change the corsair guns and hessian bomber in 4.86 without total version using the simple autoupdater program made by Cannon then he might apply all kind of micro updates using the said updater whatever he want. Gun balance and stats change it not rocket science but just modifying some text after doing some simple maths.
The updater ask you to comfort the update while starting the game client and do all automatically so there is absolutely no problem to do such changes 24/7- only server restart is required. Proof by Cannon:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...t=DSUpdate
You can easy feed the new players with such crap statements but it is kinda hard to prove them.

The guide of getting better stuff to your faction is simple:
1 Skype
2 Make Skype friends
3 Lick your Skype friends back sides to fix your faction guns or to overpower them like in certain cases.
About the platforms is fun too I would give you a tip- the only guard system that got nova shooting platforms is?

Considering I hear that some of the classes of the guns are being changed it is actually required in an Update I would think.
Pages: 1 2 3