Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Grand Theft Auto: Disco?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
IIRC, Cannon closed the approved graphics mods thread. Has there been any discussion of a major, but optional, graphics overhaul? Something which was purely client side, had no effect on the server, that was all eye-candy and did not grant any kind of unfair game play advantage?
Is there a step by step guide on how to import this stuff from crossfire to disco? I don't want to risk doing it wrong and getting banned!
(05-01-2013, 05:00 AM)Visivicous Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a step by step guide on how to import this stuff from crossfire to disco? I don't want to risk doing it wrong and getting banned!

Probably isn't, because "stealing" stuff from other mods is frowned upon heavily.
Stealing stuff from a mod of a game they dont own the rights to?
i hate the crossfire bloom. I installed crossfire with bloom enabled and every now and then your screen starts flickering and then soft white stuff fills your screen, effectively blinding you. trust me you don't want the crossfire bloom.

edit: oh you mean crossfire textures. nvm. still, crossfire bloom sucks!
(05-01-2013, 06:07 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]Stealing stuff from a mod of a game they dont own the rights to?

Mods, modders and their users should respect the intellectual rights of fellow mods. You don't need a legal framework to be a decent person. What's your name, EA? Tongue

I'll ask about graphics mods when I get back from work.
Well, I went ahead and figured out the process for myself, and then posted a guide on how to do this. It was removed and I was sent this message:
Quote:Even though Discovery anti-cheat system does not stop users from making client-side aesthetic changes, using materials from other Freelancer mods is discouraged and advertising methods for such is not allowed on the forums.

As part of the Freelancer community we have to respect the time and effort other developer teams put into their mods and only promote the open-use materials as available alternations, not the mod-specific content.

I just thought that I would post this here to give anyone else a heads-up.
I apologize for stepping on anyone's toes on this.
Guys I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread and I would like to know how do I go about getting a modded HUD like those that can be seen on the bounty boards?
Pages: 1 2 3