Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(11-26-2013, 08:10 PM)Delithor Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2013, 05:37 PM)The Loyalist Wrote: [ -> ]I need some help. I downloaded the files unzipped them and added them to the discovery files, but my game won't start it drops out while its going to menu. Any pointers?

Drops out what do you mean?

The only thing i can think of is you may have not installed the required stuff in the right folder.

No im pretty sure I put the files in the right spot EXE and DATA. The one odd thing that happened to me (that's of question) is when I first unzipped the files a WinRAR diagnostic message came up saying there are total of 218 errors due to "Unknown method in Swag Pack" and saying Operation failed. But Somehow I will was able to obtain the files despite the error warnings and I was able move the files to Discovery.
(11-26-2013, 09:21 PM)The Loyalist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2013, 08:10 PM)Delithor Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2013, 05:37 PM)The Loyalist Wrote: [ -> ]I need some help. I downloaded the files unzipped them and added them to the discovery files, but my game won't start it drops out while its going to menu. Any pointers?

Drops out what do you mean?

The only thing i can think of is you may have not installed the required stuff in the right folder.

No im pretty sure I put the files in the right spot EXE and DATA. The one odd thing that happened to me (that's of question) is when I first unzipped the files a WinRAR diagnostic message came up saying there are total of 218 errors due to "Unknown method in Swag Pack" and saying Operation failed. But Somehow I will was able to obtain the files despite the error warnings and I was able move the files to Discovery.

You might just have a buggy WinRAR.
Yea you were right, lol. I just needed to update the latest WinRAR. I found my problem, thanks
So we can use this with disco server? Also the install video doesn't work (video deleted)

EDIT:
Ok I tried it out, wow... nice job!!! Its... Really dark lol

I also installed the Artofeel's High Quality Ambience and Base Sounds in first post, I ran the exe and it seems to install ok.. what do we do with the Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (bases1).sbc and Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (bases2).sbc files? Or were they part of the exe install?
(12-01-2013, 08:59 PM)ShadowTek Wrote: [ -> ]So we can use this with disco server? Also the install video doesn't work (video deleted)

EDIT:
Ok I tried it out, wow... nice job!!! Its... Really dark lol

I also installed the Artofeel's High Quality Ambience and Base Sounds in first post, I ran the exe and it seems to install ok.. what do we do with the Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (bases1).sbc and Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (bases2).sbc files? Or were they part of the exe install?
As for the dark you mentioned.
Just Press Shift + F12 ingame to remove the Bloom. or Remove manually this files in your Discovery Folder "EXE"
  • d3d8.dll
  • d3d9.dll
  • d3dx9_26.dll
  • d3dx9_40.dll
  • enbconvertor.ini
  • enbseries.ini
Ok Thanks
I dunno if anyone's still using this... but I've been having some major issues. I just installed Freelancer again after not playing for years, just in the mood to roll through the Vanilla story again, and nothing is going right.

First off, I found this guide (http://craig.mayhew.io/blog/2008/09/free...tion-hack/) and followed it to get my game running at 1080p. While I HAVE to launch into space or load a game in space to make the HUD show up properly, it DOES show up properly once I do that.

Then I started looking into HD textures, ENB, etc. I tried SweetFX, but the game crashes no matter what for me with that, so no dice there. ENB seems to work, which is nice, but annoying since I don't care about bloom so much. I wanted SweetFX for the sharpening and SMAA.

As for the HD textures, I found a massive starscapes retexture that (in the screenshots) look amazing. I installed that just fine, but then I realized the game wasn't looking so terrible because of my textures, but rather because of an odd graphical issue I'm getting... See for yourself:

http://i.imgur.com/AJ1FAK0.png

http://i.imgur.com/7pD7Iel.png

It's... splotchy. Plain and simple, it's splotchy. I don't understand what's going on with that. I have a very strong laptop with a very high end NVIDA 680M GPU in it. The game didn't look weird and splotchy like this when I played it years ago on my weak integrated graphics Dell laptop. It almost looks like when you downscale an image to use less colors and instead of seeing a gradient, you see "splotches" of descending color shades. What in the world would make the game do something like that? This is a clean install of Freelancer, so there's no weird settings from me going on.

Also, as you can see in the second picture, Manhattan has no texture. Fairly certain that only happened after I installed this swag pack. So what's happening there? And as someone mentioned before, what's with the darkness? It seems to work fine for some people here, but it's unbearably dark for me. Might have something to do with my current graphical issues... but yeah.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, turns out my prefs file got set to 16-bit somehow, so that explains that problem somewhat. However the texture files I'm installing just aren't working! Starscapes still look low resolution, the planet's textures look awful, nothing seems to change even though I've installed massive 1.4GB worth of textures via drag and drop and overwrite in the proper places.

Why the heck aren't my texture changes working? I just went and tried an obvious texture change (changing Trent's clothes) and it DOES show up, but I'm looking hard at the starscape and planet retextures and I'm seeing no difference... which is screwy, because I can look at screenshots here and for the HD starscapes mod and they look excellent. In my game they are clearly NOT HD. I'm on my phone now, but I can upload new pics tomorrow.

I'm thinking... the color depth is still off? I don't get it. In the PerfOptions file the "color_bpp" was at 16, and I changed it to 32. However the "depth_bpp" was 24 and is STILL 24, while the "freelancer.ini" has both of those values at 32. No matter what I do, it will NOT change from 24. Every time I change it to 32 and open the game, it gets set right back to 24. So basically the game is still insisting on running in 24-bit mode and now only looks marginally better than 16-bit which it was just at? Because starscapes are still blotchy looking freso paintings to me, just not AS bad.

How do I make it stay at 32-bit?

Also, planet atmospheres are showing up as opaque to me. That's why it looks so odd in the picture above. Why would that be happening?
Hey Orin I got your PM's as well.

Look it seems that you've overcomplicated things. I haven't tested this pack myself but the ONLY things you should do are Overwrite the files with the mod and then mod the hudshift.ini included and nothing else should be done.

Reinstall FL, and you should be fine.
(05-03-2014, 05:27 PM)Bo! Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Orin I got your PM's as well.

Look it seems that you've overcomplicated things. I haven't tested this pack myself but the ONLY things you should do are Overwrite the files with the mod and then mod the hudshift.ini included and nothing else should be done.

Reinstall FL, and you should be fine.

Alright, guess I'll try that.

So the hudshift.ini comes with this mod? Because I just unzipped "The Swag Pack v0.4 5-31-2013" and there is no hudshift.ini in there. I'm not using Discovery (strictly a Vanilla install, I want to play the story), so I can't simply use a target line command to get the resolution working properly.

What do you suggest I use to get my resolution right? That's probably the only "complicated" thing I did, I think.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like hudshift is included in Discovery. I don't have it and neither does the swag pack. Also, hudshift just adjusts the hud to work with any resolution. It doesn't change the resolution itself. So I DO need to use a method of making the resolution 1920x1080 myself for a Vanilla install.

So considering that... what exactly have I overcomplicated?

EDIT 2: Got everything fixed up! The solution? Who knows! Ended up using JFLP and didn't run into the issue.
What about those

Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (bases1).sbc
Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (bases2).sbc

??

The Link "Artofeel - HQ Ambience and Base Sounds" [to http://www.mediafire.com/?rb12cg94x9826] is a bitt crappy because it does not explain anything at all. There are 2 folders. One "Lossy" with "Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod (opus-96kbps).exe" and one "Losses" including the two (*.sbc) above plus "Freelancer - New Ambiences Sound Mod.exe".

All in all not easy to understand. Does anybody know what to do with these and what the difference is? Thnx!

Benz
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32