Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Interesting, New update will come out when a few more bug reports are made
While I really like the pack, there are some things that bug me.

First of all, the repetitious stars in some system's starspheres.
One of Quinn's pictures has a good example for what I mean:
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/QuinnZ...ort=3&o=16
I know you didn't make the starsphere, but isn't there a way to change or fix that?

Second thing is ...
Colors. While many people think "greyish" colors are realistic lightning, that just isn't true. Our eyes perceive colors differently depending on the brightness of light and the sun. That of course also has to do with there being "different" rays of light reaching our eyes, but let's not go into detail. Thing is, grey just isn't a nice color and it also shouldn't be like a comic. I also know that "really realistic lighting" probably is not possible in Freelancer. It'd require to consider every suns given off light amount and color, etc pp.
My question is, is there a way to tweak the colors? See if I can get them more to my liking? I really doubt the textures themselves are that way...The starspheres for example look rather nicely colored, ships and objects on the other hand seem a bit greyish.
If you're still looking for video card types mine are NVIDIA 690 GTX's (x3-SLI). I'll give this mod a go once I've got the time to download it.

~Leo
You can edit the color saturation in the enbconfig, change it from -0,5 to 1

About the starspheres, do you mean the same dots over and over?

All I can do is eventually replace it.

There is a bug tracker that I'd like people to use, if you feel that it is a bug and you want it changed, post there.
Nah, it isn't a bug, neither is the saturation, which I tried changing, but didn't see any difference sadly, and the gamma stuff is Freelancer related I guess, has nothing to do with the pack.

But yes, I was talking about "the same dots over and over". I'll just switch back to the old starsphere's I used, a version without the stars. I think the quality is a bit lower on that though.
Well, I installed the pack, and took your advice regarding the Gamma levels, and I'd like to personally thank you for turning New London into the cynical, dour black hole of despair that it was always supposed to be. Thank you.

In all seriousness, though, this is wonderful work. The enb and starspheres make all the difference. Thank you very much!
ok ill have a go with this again,

so if i dont like it how do i uninstall it, without haveing to completely uninstalling fl

and how do i make it so theres no bright rainbow around planets/stars/sun
Back up the files? Apart from that you can't re-install without re-installing the whole mod (you don't need to uninstall FL because the mod goes in your Disco install, not the FL one). It'll be that way up until the point where he can make an installer for it (pretty damn difficult)

I believe he's working on an optional file install for the rainbow colours.
well if i winrar the disco folder will that work,if i dont like it i can delete whole folder and then extract back?
I don't see why not but either way re-installing the mod from scratch won't take long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32