Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: After a long hiatus...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

After a rather epic hiatus of several years, I have decided to get back into Disco. First order of business is to establish my trading character, so if anyone has any tips/leads/advice on how to get on the ladder in the new version, I'd appreciate it massively.

Cheers in advance,

DeeQ
Morning.

I remember you. Recently came back after a ~2 year hiatus myself.

I think the best tip is to join a faction for trading, because they will set you up and help you out. Past that it depends on what you want to trade. IMG seems to be the most open Sirius trader, but trading inside Gallia is quite profitable too.
Hey n00bl3t,

I remember you also man, good to hear you're still around!

I was thinking faction for sure, and since I've barely looked into the Gallia side of the new releases, I might have a look there.

I'm guessing that requests to join factions is still done via forums, so I'll hunt around for an opportunity that looks good.

Cheers man.

Also, anyone with any additional nuggets of info still greatly appreciated.
Zoner trading is always profitable, and can be fairly RP-rich if you play it right, but a lot of people dislike Zoners on the principle of how neutral they remain and that people use them to powertrade. Some do, but Zoners can be really fun to RP. Oh, and check the contraband list for houses, to make sure you're violating no laws while trading!

But anyway, welcome back to Discovery. Fly safe.
He's bias'd but he has the idea ^

Try Bowex, those boys are fun.
Welcome back fellow old member!