Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a few years I decided to try Freelancer again. I am really into role playing and I will be grateful if someone could help me getting started.

What are my options besides miner, trader, pirate and bounty hunter?
Hi there.

You have many options, although most of them will fall into one of your above categories. There are also military factions, law enforcement, various criminal organizations that aren't necessarily pirates, paramilitary factions and something I'm sure I'm forgetting at the moment.

If you need more help, PM me, I can point you in the right direction depending on what you want to do. Smile

EDIT: If you haven't already done so kindly read the server rules, as it will save time and sanity on my end if you do want some pointers.
As Boot said, there are military, police and terrorist factions. You've also got house intelligence ones, and a few less obvious groups like the Colonials, Order and Zoners who don't always fit directly into the rest of the categories.

Trading is an easy way to get yourself around Sirius to see who and what is on offer. You can also make money while you do it, which can then be used to fund your other characters who don't make their own money.
After you've decided what you want to do, take a look for the factions involved with that as they'll be able to help you out and guide you where needed.

Other than that, have fun and maybe see you in space.
Hehe, Welcome to Disco!
Summer and Boot seem to have explained it enough, but to reiterate their ideas: There are lots of factions from which to choose, each (almost) with unique kinds of Role-play and possibilities. I believe the forums (and wiki) are a very good way to see how some factions work/look like.

Aside from this, i'd suggest you give a read to the rules if you haven't already, just to be on the safe side.

Well, have fun and good luck!
Thanks a lot for your interest guys. It's good to know that the community is so helpful.
My pilot's name is Rumble ingame so you can PM me and have some fun/help me getting started if you got the time.
[Image: welcome_to_the_club.jpg]