Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help from ADMIN!!! And then suggestion for changes in .87
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Admin. I picked up 6 code weapons today and I wanted to move them between ships. I asked a group of ships I was flying with there was some sort of move command which I could use. They didn't know so then I came up with the idea that I will drop the guns and they will pick them up and i will log with my other ship to pick them up. Cause I did not want to loose the guns if I got killed in a fight. So I dropped the guns and they were to slow to pick them up. Instead an NPC freelancer picked them up. When I destroyed him I got NO guns back! So I am asking a plea for help. I fly snubs ONLY and if I had sold these guns to somebody it would have been a 60 mill paycheck and now its all gone! So my question. Why do I not get my guns back when I destroyed the ship? And can I get reinstated my 60 mill because it takes me FOREVER to earn that kind of money! Then my suggestion for .87 is as follows. Either disable tractor beams on NPC or when you kill one for taking your stuff you get ALL of it back... Hope I don't sound like a troll but this as really made me unhappy.
You know, it's really not that hard to make that much money. I suggest getting a 5k as soon as possible, joining a trade faction, and makin' some cash! With a 5k, and the right people, you can make 60m in like 10 minutes.
Sorry, but I'm afraid your money is gone.

For the future, if you want to transfer weapons or equipment between ships, I recommend going to Connecticut, the non-rp pvp system.
To do so, simply enter /conn in any chat window while you're docked and not carrying cargo, and then undock.
To return to the last base you visited, enter /return.

People in Connecticut are generally always willing to hold on to your stuff for a minute while you get another ship.

Never drop anything valuable in space if there are NPCs around. They are thieving bastards.

Also, if you were flying with friends, you could have simply done this over the trade window.
Select the ship you want to trade with, and click the icon on the bottom of the screen, between the target list and the ship status window in the middle.
Dropping cargo into space is done at your own risk. Easiest way to handle this is to ask a friend or player you trust to hang on to the guns for a min while you swap characters. We do not reimburse items that NPCs tractored in. We actually don't recommend just dropping stuff into space at all. Because then it in essence becomes public domain.

NPCs vacuuming space helps reduce the amount of items in space, which reduces serverload a little.
(05-16-2013, 06:31 PM)alastair2308 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Admin. I picked up 6 code weapons today and I wanted to move them between ships. I asked a group of ships I was flying with there was some sort of move command which I could use. They didn't know so then I came up with the idea that I will drop the guns and they will pick them up and i will log with my other ship to pick them up. Cause I did not want to loose the guns if I got killed in a fight. So I dropped the guns and they were to slow to pick them up. Instead an NPC freelancer picked them up. When I destroyed him I got NO guns back! So I am asking a plea for help. I fly snubs ONLY and if I had sold these guns to somebody it would have been a 60 mill paycheck and now its all gone! So my question. Why do I not get my guns back when I destroyed the ship? And can I get reinstated my 60 mill because it takes me FOREVER to earn that kind of money! Then my suggestion for .87 is as follows. Either disable tractor beams on NPC or when you kill one for taking your stuff you get ALL of it back... Hope I don't sound like a troll but this as really made me unhappy.

Sad times. Do not be too discouraged though. You should learn how to make money faster, then buy your toys.

As stated above, it really doesn't take long to make 60 mills. Longer than 10 minutes, but not much longer than an hour or so....

The admins can't help because it would create a landslide of QQ the likes of which hasn't yet been seen.

I am not an admin. PM me if your really discouraged, as I really don't care that much about fake money....
Hello Admin ! I was wondering if you could maybe tell me how to get the Venator ship on my own server. I have figured out some base names like the Lost Battlestar is
ST04_03_base and the rep for admins are Fc_admin but I can't seem to find the base where they sell the Venator Battleship. If you can maybe just tell me what the base name is or what command i should type in to get it I will be very grateful ! I want to use it for my lan, mwhahaha and for .87 different types of guns would be awesome ! Like a Class 9 chain gun or some new factions maybe ? Cool Also what would be nice is like the Anti-shield guns make a Anti-hull gun but it will need to consumes a lot of energy to balance it out.

Kind regards
Ethan