Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cruiser guide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

Is there a guide how to effectively use a cruiser?
Like tips, tricks and strategies?

I know the basics of turret steering, but I fail at avoiding enemy fire.
Depends what you're up against.
What ships would you think are your opponents?
I need tips vs cruisers and battleships/dreadnoughs.
I don't thing snubs and gunboats are going to be a problem.
You might be interested in checking videos like thouse :
-1-
-2-
This guy was my cruiser teacher, who told me how actually to counter BS on cruiser, mega Kudos to him!

Also, what kind of cruiser you want to have?
Rheinland Cruiser, with 4 heavy slots, great vertical shape, and awesome turret placement, BHG Destroyer, nightmare of battleships, having very hard to hit sizes, awesome handling, maneuverability and speed, or "Mr.Gallia gona cry" Bretonia Destroyer?

For some tips- buy at least enhanced Thuster, and assign "afterburn on" button- helps a lot.
Keep watching your speed and distance- key to win or at least survive. Every cruiser has it's "deadly distance" from oponent's BS.
Just fly to clouse, and BS's cerbs will reach your hull faster than you can evade their shots. But it's only one part!
Second part is to keep your target in fire range. Hell no use from your quad cerbs, if they just not hitting BS, because it's to far away. Red aim cross will show you, that your target is clouse enough to fire.
Tell us what Cruiser you would use mostly, and then someone could tell you whats best for it. For me, I like to have Anti-snub and anti-cap for a set up. For example: My RM Cruiser has All Prims, 2 Cerbs on top and bottom and 2 missiles. Missiles is my " anti-snub " which actually works if they don't pay attention. Also, 2 Cerbs and all prims is both snub-cap set up. For scylla, which can't have cerbs firing in ways snubs might attack, I have 2 Battle Razors on the sides, so far, been working good for me. Pewed a couple of caps, also did pretty well. It all matters on your style of play, like long range, close range, or you just anti snub, 4 BRs all Solaris xD. For moving with the RM Cruiser, look at those vids on top, Hel and RMC are really a pain to kill in Battleships. I got taight to fly Cruisers by Kai ( Brynhildr ), which is very good in crusiers and everything that pretty much turret steers xD
Currently I have the corsair cruiser.
I want my cruiser to be long range anti-cap. I'm thinking using mortar and/or missiles.

My current setup is 8x cruiser turrets, 3x cerberus (thinking of replacing one with a missile) and 1x light mortar. And I think pulses and battle razors are good vs cruisers and BS's.

I did a few battles agains BS's in conn. I manage to stay out far away and fire my mortar. But some of them use BS missiles. I find them hard to evade.
Any tips on missile evasion?

I haven't been fighting other cruisers so far. What can you say about that?

Other cruisers I might try are the Outcast and Rheinland.

Anyway, thank for the help so far. I appreciate it.
Corsair one is good for tanking other Cruisers, and Im not sure if its good vs Battleships because of its size. I haven't got mine yet, because I didn't receive any codes, so I don't know a good set up for Sair one yet. I know someone used 2 Cerbs and 2 Missiles and said it worked nicely.
For Missile evasion, use either Countermeasures, or just target the missile and CD it. That works often, you just have to face it then.
Also EKing while missile is incomming then full thrust and engine when it is close works. Not sure if it works for Cruiser ones, but BS missile would usually miss most the time.
how you make turret steer? and also works on gunboats?
Pages: 1 2