Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dual Monitor setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm not sure if this is where this is supposed to go but I'm going to post here and if it needs to be moved then so be it and I'll try to keep it short. I know people hate staring at walls of text.

Alright, I recently got a second monitor set up on my computer so I'm running Disco on one screen, the wiki and my skype/other comms on the other monitor. Well, for the sake of efficiency, I've been running Disco in windowed mode but the game always looks very dark in windowed mode. Like the gamma is set real low. It looks fine when I play it in full screen but in windowed mode it's very dark and adjusting the gamma in game has literally no effect. So I'm posting to see if anyone here can help me out. Does anyone here have any experience running two monitors and Disco in windowed mode and the game doesn't look dark for them?

Oh, btw, I'm running the Swag Pack texture files in case that's somehow relevant.

TL;DR - Dual monitor, game too dark in windowed mode, swag pack. Make brighter please.
First you duck by sliding the nose of your vessel downward then you sharply veer either right or left. I am puzzled why they didn't instruct you to also jump. At the rate, if properly done, you'll be going in a full circle constantly, again depending on the degree of alt.

For your thingy...um..... Don't expect to fight via Windowed. It's miserable. I too run multiple monitors. The problem comes from whatever you have for your graphics driver controller. IE Nvidia ect... I've noted that Windowed mode negates some settings. You'll have to play around with your graphics controller to find the happy medium.

Swag pack is irrelevant FL always been dark...
Gamma correction is not implemented in windowed mode (as you gathered).. I have the same problem, FL is quite dark. I just crank up the gamma setting in my video card's control panel, which is a pain, but at least it's playable then. Also, on Windows 7 the performance hit for playing in windowed vs. fullscreen is not as bad as it was under XP.
(05-20-2013, 12:45 AM)Vyticoz Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, btw, I'm running the Swag Pack texture files in case that's somehow relevant.

Why not mess with the enbconfig files in your EXE folder and try and change the brightness up some?
My config is pretty dark but I prefer it that way, some will not so I suggest trying to change the variables. Someone you know probably knows how if you don't, or just msg me on Skype.