Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: High paying Liberty missions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey. I've piloted a few battleships in the Omicrons, making billions of dollars within a couple weeks. So, I saw that there are some high paying Liberty missions in the Liberty area. So I bought a carrier, outfitted it and it cost me about a billion.

There are some issues though in Liberty. For one, the NPC difficulty for missions isn't balanced well at all. I can easily do missions in New Hampshire against RM battlecruisers that pay about 5 million in total. No credit cards drop from them though. Then I try to do a mission against Rogues, one that I think will be easy, only a 2 million mission or so.

The Rogue cruisers are so much harder than RM battlecruisers. They do way more damage. I usually die extremely easily against the Rogue cruisers. I've tried Alaska too, Order missions are easy, but no good loot from NPCs.

Is there anywhere in Liberty where I can do missions that make me as much money in the Omicrons? I've tried pretty much everywhere. I don't want to branch out into Omegas or Bretonia, simply because that wouldn't be RP friendly with a carrier.
You can do some in Alaska, but have fun with the Order cruisers. They'll come in packs of 6+, shred your shields in seconds, and CONSTANTLY ram you.

Not to mention asteroids everywhere.

Liberty doesn't get much luck with missions.
Well, I'm doing missions in Omega-15 now. I'm hoping the BHG doesn't mind.
What about Minnesota? I've never been there myself, but I bet Battleship Minneapolis offers cap missions against Rheinland.
Does it offer high-ish pay fighter missions? Like Valetta in Alpha where you can do up to 1 mil base destroys alone...
Best areas for such actions- Omicrons, Omega 15, Gallia systems, Orkney and Dundee.
Having Lib Carrier you can try to put Core ID and have 10% core nerf, should be pretty fine for doing missions. Also, people says, that Legate is nice for making missions and cash. Having OC Drd also could help you to earn some hundreds of millions by making missions, but be ready to die time to time, when nobody helping. Omega-15 there is no other king of missios as RM BS. Even solo 5K missions- possible.

In Liberty, best role for Carrier or Dread is actual combat with players, not missions. Missions against RM caps are cool, but, you will need to trave from New Hampswile to Ontario, to sell captured pilots. Flying there allways after completing mission? Well, U surea bout it? On the other hand, it's quet risky to keep your loot too long. Couple of missions you made with easy, but next one could blast your cap into picies, and you lost your loot.
One and only thing puzzles me though. Since when RM got battlecruisers?

Also, if you die to NPC Scyllas in a carrier you're doing it wrong.
Alberta Camrose supply depot missions like out in the omicrons and all you get is a ton of Cruisers( LR cruisers) kinda nice. and not many people out there so usualy not much to be bothered by.
(05-20-2013, 10:51 AM)Pancakes Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if you die to NPC Scyllas in a carrier you're doing it wrong.

Crap happens time to time. Also, Rogue and Corsairs cruiser can be a real pain on missions, so, if you are new to caps, expect beeing beaten.

Oh, and those who making missions in Alberta- do it more often Tongue
These issues are addressed in 4.87 - there'll be more factions with versus-cap missions and the relative strength of the caps should also be sorted.
Pages: 1 2