Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've been using a BN for a bit, and I'm decent versus snubs.

Against another BN, I'm complete garbage.

Any tips for le nub?
Yeah, get a snub.
(05-22-2013, 02:36 AM)meoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, get a snub.

If I had a snub, this thread would be on how I'm garbage with snubs.

In fact, might as well make this thread asking for help since I'm so damn garbage at the game itself.
He probably subtargeted your CD. Best way to to kill a B'Nose.
Wait, sub targeting does something?

I'm appalled.
Okay, Meoshi, I do not think that was necessary.
I unfortunately lack the experience in a BN to really help diagnose your problem with fighting others. In general the BN is not too great against gunboats due to its design.

Yeah subtargeting changes where your lead-target assist crosshair goes, I dunno where the CD mount is on the BN, but it might put the target closer to its center of mass and make it so more of his shots hit you.
BN vs BN is a game of patience. Since the forward arcs of the BN are 4, while the rearward is 6, you should NEVER chase, and ALWAYS attempt to get the other BN to follow. A lot of issues with having a gunboat fight against a BN stems from the difficulty to hit a flat profile from the the posterior and anterior. If you're using Vegyaar's patented "dolphining" movement (IE, turret steering from side to side) while adding in two axis turns (side + up or down) while watching out for the distance between your BN and your target, you'll be much more difficult to hit - though as previously stated, subtargeting and being subtargeted increases the odds of hitting a bit.
Mount Basic Gunboat turrets ( for some reason you hit better with them ), also its kinda small compared to others but it is only effective backwards, meaning you never have to chase someone.