Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pilgrim Liner upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know, but without a CM this thing is still far from beeing a beast... The Pirates gonna have trouble when the Rogues and Mollies wont accept them and allow to use their tech. Asking for Pirate Capital Ships? There are 2 ways, either the "Hel" Pirate Cruiser beeing allowed for all Pirates or if the Pilgrim Liner gets an additional Countermessure, it somehow counts as a Capital Vessel. Countermessure for PIlgrim Liner? I guess the Junkers aren't THAT dumb to not beeing able to mount a Countermessure on their Liner, right?

[Image: 254px-Slaveliner.png]
Wait, what?

The Hel being allowed for all pirates? It has its own unique tech category and can only be used by the LWB, Unioners, and Red Hessians at 100%, as well as the Hellfire Legion at 90% for some weird reason.

And the Pilgrim Liner would count as a capital vessel if it had a CM? Just.....what, what, I don't even, wuuuuut?
If anything, the tech chat for the Pilgrim is wrong, as I suggested in this thread.

Seriously, I haven't a clue what you're suggesting here.
What I do know is that it doesn't belong in Ship Submissions, which is for new ship suggestions, as the name implies.
It has been moved Karst. Now calm down, as I already explained what I wanted. CM for Pilgrim Liner (facepalm) and by the way, I went after that "Hel" Pirate Cruiser, and as I heared you don't need the approval of any Unioner nor the Hessian to get it. Its a Public Cruiser (of course you can't get it with Freelancer ID or Pirate ID)! Thats what I mean, since it has gotten public, maybe allow Pirates to use it, anyway thats not what I opened this thread for (however you can still post you idea about the cruiser including the pilgrim liner). My request is Countermessures for Pilgrim Liner, it would make a decent vessel for the pirates! With Capital Vessel I meant a decent ship for the Pirates -_-
Alright then.

But I don't understand why it would need a CM to be useful for piracy? You can pirate in a transport without a cloak, you know.

Regarding the Hel: You don't need permission to use it, but if you do so with any ID other than Red Hessian, Unioner, LWB, or Hellfire Legion, you'll get only 10% power.

And Freelancer and Pirate ID should never ever get a cruiser, and I'm pretty sure they won't.
(05-23-2013, 11:42 AM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]I went after that "Hel" Pirate Cruiser, and as I heared you don't need the approval of any Unioner nor the Hessian to get it. Its a Public Cruiser (of course you can't get it with Freelancer ID or Pirate ID)! Thats what I mean, since it has gotten public, maybe allow Pirates to use it, anyway thats not what I opened this thread for

So you want capital vessels for an unaffiliated ID where diplomacy is up to you and with no ZOI restrictions? That's never going to happen. And the reason that you can't use a cruiser (and the reason why I assume it doesn't have a CM) is not for RP reasons but for balance reasons.

Although it is silly that an independent pirate could be captaining a cruiser vessel. One which would require hundreds of support staff as well as facilities to dock and repair at, not to mention the hundreds of millions of credits required to run one.
But imagine this, Pirate and Freelancer ID allowed to use Cruiser with their current nerf 56%, how about that? Some Cruisers make 56% nerf on Pirate ID, I say the "Hel" should be allowed to Pirates with 56% nerf at least (not necessarily, just a suggestion). Regarding Pilgrim Liner, CMs to be at least able to run maybe? A Slave Liner isn't realy usefull to just move in there and get killed, usualy pirates get in there as soon as trouble approaches they run (not all of em) with their loot. I guess you want to make profit with your loot am I right? Not loose it. Its already hard to make profit as a Pirate, I'm not talking of 2 - 10 mils, but however those Pilgrim Liners with CM would actually motivate the pirates and there would be much more activity! With the CM on the Pilgrim Liner, they'll at least have a chance to run, I say give them this chance please.
Do you really, honestly think a CM will save something as enormous and slow as a Pilgrim from the authorities if they show up? It won't; that's the price you pay for pirating in a transport. You can take people's stuff, but you better make sure you aren't caught.

Edit: Mind you, I'm not saying I'm against the Pilgrim getting a CM. It doesn't really make sense that it's the only liner that doesn't have one. Just saying it won't make that much of a difference.

If you really want to pirate in a transport that has a CM, there are plenty available for that purpose.
Try one of the other liners, a Taureau, or a Pirate Transport.

And pirates are never getting cruisers, no, no, no. They already have much greater freedom than unlawful factions, now you want them to have comparable ships as well? It's never going to happen.

And I'm saying this as someone who loves the Pirate ID and has tons of Pirate ID'd ships.
(05-23-2013, 02:14 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm saying this as someone who loves the Pirate ID and has tons of Pirate ID'd ships.

Same here Big Grin

ok besides the Cruiser, nvm about the Cruiser. However, all I know the Pirates are only allowed to use the Prison Liner and Bret Liner, well... it would've looked decent you know :/ the Slave Liner realy looks "Generic Unlawfull" , I mean if it wouldn't say "Junkers" every Pirate faction would have its own Liner somehow. Well just a suggestion..
If Aet's ID suggestions are implemented, the Freelancer ID will get a new exception clause:

"- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train."

As will the Pirate ID:

"- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pilgrim Liner."

In the original draft, freelancers got the Pilgrim as well as the Ptrain, shame that got taken out.

Still, freelancers and pirates rejoice!
I would totally support a CM slot on the Pilgrim Liner. Besides the fact that it's the ONLY liner without one, having the option of cloak would sometimes be a good thing...even if only for a few seconds.

As for the rest of the first post about the Hel...I would say that's what SRP applications are for.