Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Connection Issues with additional connections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning Discovery! Firstly, returning to Freelancer after many years of absence, it's great to see such an active community is still going, bravo!

Anyway, me and my bro are having a problem getting us both to connect to the server at the same time. When the second player connects to the server after the first, the second player is disconnected. Our initial thoughts are that we are both behind the same router so we may be connecting with a single external IP address, causing player 2 to be kicked for duplicate IPs. If this is the case then fair enough, no FreeLANcer for us.

However, if this is not a problem then things get real complicated. I'll explain if needed.

Thanks.
It's the auto cheat feature to prevent multiboxing.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround that I'm aware. Letting one person do it would open the QQ floodgates something epic.
That's what we had assumed, stops the ol' illegitimate mining grinding and such.

Well I can't just burst in here and ask for special privileges, so no reason for a cuffufle. We can leave the space crusading until later. Thanks for the confirmation though!
You could also just take turns....I understand it isn't as enjoyable, but you could both still work towards the same goals, just not together.

Are there any open wifi networks floating around your house? I have several that I can access if I choose. I've told two of my neighbors that they have unprotected networks, but that's by design apparently. They let peeps use them, which is incredibly stupid IMO, but it's an idea.

I'd hate to see a newcomer leave so quickly....
Can't say that's much of an option, well need to get stuck in when we both can, may make things easier.

Unfortunately there aren't any open networks knocking about the place to connect to, which is a shame because that's a grand idea.

No worrys on us leaving, next chance we're at our battlestations we're jumping straight on, been years since I got robbed of all my slaves in cargo and I've missed it!