Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do we need more 'Sanction Admins'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's a worrying situation I think we should all try and solve minor issues in game rather than resorting to reporting where possible if you can convince someone to change their guns or ship for example instead of reporting them.

Ideally Admins should only have to deal with serious cheats or abusive players.

I know already my suggestion wont work though but I'll throw it out here anyway.
' Wrote:It's a worrying situation I think we should all try and solve minor issues in game rather than resorting to reporting where possible if you can convince someone to change their guns or ship for example instead of reporting them.

/Word
There is no way to give someone the power to sanction characters without giving them total access to the server. In other words, a "sanction Admin" is a full Admin.

Now seriously, do all of you think that the Admins who are doing the work are unaware of how much work it is and whether or not they need help? Give us some credit.

A large portion of the problem is that so many players are asking Admins to do things that the forum moderators can do, or asking questions about roleplaying their characters that the community can answer, or posting rule violation reports that do not contain evidence or do not even come close to showing a rule violation, or spamming sanction threads... Everybody wants just 5 minutes of time, but it adds up to hours and hours.

If you really want to improve something, get on the server and help some generic trader get commercial faction Tagged and ID'd or explain the rules to a new player.
Is that the official position of the Server Administration, Xoria?

There are no full forum moderators anymore. The forums which are most likely to house a flamefest are moderated only by admins, who obviously have other things to do.

I don't think you can ask the community to stop asking for an Admin's perspective on their miscellaneous questions. By the nature of the Admin, people will want their opinions, whether or not they have the community's opinion. It becomes part of the job. Was there ever a point when people didn't ask such questions? Or has the community simply expanded, while the Admin base did not?
Hmm, we better start properly drilling it into sanction reporters to get much more evidence other than text eh?

I has always provided screen shots to my knowledge, but hearing others aren't is pretty disheartening.

People its only one button press to screen shot!! Its Print Screen! Its on the keyboard!
Thanks Xoria, that's probably the most intelligent thing I've read of late.

So people, there's lots of things each of us can do to take the heat off the admins.

I know with the demise of the global server, along with just about every player server online, Disco's become a bit of a dumping ground/refugee haven for the remaining FL player base. We just have to suck it up.
FLhook ftw... there are different kinds of admins there. superadmins have it all, and there are some other divisions
The problem is people think of admins only as those who hold the sanction sledgehammer and this is so sad.

There are tons of admin work that's either not visible or current overloaded and partially inactive admin teams doesn't have time for it.
Such as:
- ingame activity, helping new players, answering various questions regarding rules, looking secuting ingame events...
- then we can continue with server related work such as ensuring the stability of the server, hunting cheaters, testing various things, doing name changes, solving various requests from players, etc.
- and then of course forum activity including moderating, replying various threads that need admin attention, explaining rules, helping players with their problems...

See? There is so much admin stuff to do apart from sanctions. Current admins are barely able do the sanctions and this is very very wrong.
I know you need help .. So I applaud to your request...My advice is that is better to take bigger number of admins now so you can complete your admin team now rather than picking one up every once in a while...

Second advice is that you choose admins wisely from different ZoIs and that they are very well familiar with that places so if you have enough big number of admins they can log on in that ZoIs (NB, NL, NT, Corsair(Order) systems, Outcast systems) having once in a while admin in front of Malta, Gamma and in Delta would help a lot...

EDIT: Aww... I read 2 posts at the same time and I wanted to post thin on that page about new admin wanted... But never mind I'll left it here ... *facepalm*

Skoko
More admins are necessary. Really, many hands makes light work. Pick the most dedicated and trustworthy of the community, and offer them a probationary period as an Admin. They prove their worth... keep them.
Pages: 1 2 3