Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey out there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just started playing Freelancer discovery with a few mates who linked me to here and the game.

Is pretty good so far. Ive been messing around and have joined the outcasts.

Im a 17 year old student from the UK. Nothing else to it really.

I hang around on a friends team-speak when on freelancer, so if you'd like to join us that's cool.

I have an idea for my character's RP. Still working on it in a word document. Then Ill paste it into a thread I guess haha.

Thanks
Welcome to the server, and good on you for choosing Outcasts!

There's a number of attractive Outcast player factions, mainly the Contari Lance (CL}) and the 101st, should you wish to join one of them in time.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

P.S. Danish bacon is crispier Smile
Quote:There's a number of attractive Outcast player factions, mainly the Contari Lance (CL})

Yes.

Welcome to Discovery, enjoy your stay.
Welcome to Disco!

Good to see you're already having fun - but when you get the time, i'd suggest you give the rules and guidelines a read, even if they might be boring they will surely help you.

Aside from this, i guess Anaximander already mentioned a few of the Outcast factions, but you can research and see if there are more. Either way - if you need any help, feel free to ask anytime.

Good luck and have fun!
(05-27-2013, 07:00 AM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Disco!

Good to see you're already having fun - but when you get the time, i'd suggest you give the rules and guidelines a read, even if they might be boring they will surely help you.

Aside from this, i guess Anaximander already mentioned a few of the Outcast factions, but you can research and see if there are more. Either way - if you need any help, feel free to ask anytime.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks everyone.

I have one question so far. It's to do with my characters story.

I'm not even close to knowing much of the freelancer world. But I'm working on it. But, I'm assuming Bretonia (sorry if Mis-spelt) are English speaking/cultured?

Now, is it possible to say my character was born over there. But moved to the outcasts after (insert the rest of my story here) ?

I see why people want to role play as a Spanish (?) outcast. But it just doesn't fit my character. Though being an outcast (think literal outsider) works great.

Thanks again
welcome to GC!feel free to help yourself to the Danish Bacon,though the outcast chef added a little something extra just for you.
Well - to clarify, though i believe you might have understood this already:

The current nations/houses that can be found in the Discovery universe are:
Liberty - which you could compare to the USA, hence american-english speakers.
Bretonia - which would be the equivalent of UK, english speakers.
Rheinland - technically Germany, thus german speakers.
Kusari - who may be compared to Japan, so mandarin speakers i believe (feel free to correct me).
Gallia, a house which was formed later - comparable to France, so french speakers.
The Outcasts (La Nation Maltese), a nation formed from remnants of the sleeper ship Hispania - technically italian speakers.
The Corsairs (Imperio del Corsairo), another nation which came to be from the Hispania - spanish speakers.

Yet it should be noted that all nations also speak English as well as their native languages. Still - your character doesn't have to come from a certain nation to know a certain language...

You could claim you were an outcast that found another path - though you have to keep in mind that all outcasts are (from what i know) dependent on a drug, Cardamine, which is illegal - hence that character would end up becoming a criminal either way.

Alternatively - you may just say the character was a slave from Malta who was liberated by someone (IMG, CR, any other good guys around there). RP is usually limitless, as long as you know how to do it. Smile

Good luck!
(05-27-2013, 09:31 AM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote: [ -> ]Well - to clarify, though i believe you might have understood this already:

The current nations/houses that can be found in the Discovery universe are:
Liberty - which you could compare to the USA, hence american-english speakers.
Bretonia - which would be the equivalent of UK, english speakers.
Rheinland - technically Germany, thus german speakers.
Kusari - who may be compared to Japan, so mandarin speakers i believe (feel free to correct me).
Gallia, a house which was formed later - comparable to France, so french speakers.
The Outcasts (La Nation Maltese), a nation formed from remnants of the sleeper ship Hispania - technically italian speakers.
The Corsairs (Imperio del Corsairo), another nation which came to be from the Hispania - spanish speakers.

Yet it should be noted that all nations also speak English as well as their native languages. Still - your character doesn't have to come from a certain nation to know a certain language...

You could claim you were an outcast that found another path - though you have to keep in mind that all outcasts are (from what i know) dependent on a drug, Cardamine, which is illegal - hence that character would end up becoming a criminal either way.

Alternatively - you may just say the character was a slave from Malta who was liberated by someone (IMG, CR, any other good guys around there). RP is usually limitless, as long as you know how to do it. Smile

Good luck!

Thanks.

Helps clear up this for me.

The basic gist of the story is:

Child smothered by parents as a youngster. Rebels after a certain incident (still working on that bit). Leaves off in a strop. (Include story of passing through tau-37 here - and it's ramifications). And so on until finding the outcasts. A group through which he can vent his anger at the world. So to speak.

I'm not making him this 'L33T PIRATZZ GIMMIE UR MONEY' more of a selfish kid who really doesn't understand the world yet. Very selfish. And feels the need to prove to others that he is better than others (Which of course he isn't, but hence the selfishness etc). Basically a centre of attention kinda guy.

But maybe his story can change as he grows up Smile
A interesting idea - to be honest.

Either way - i hope you'll have fun with it... and if you happen to fly trough the Taus as an outcast, watch out for the Colonials ( CR| fellows), as we might not like another sniffer** around.

**A term used to name outcasts, since they "sniff" cardamine a lot.
well i don't have much to say,but if you ever feel like trading,look up Gateway.Not BowEx.lord not those snobs.
Pages: 1 2