Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Query + Rant: Is there a general wide private message ignore command?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just want to ask, if such command exist in game where I can ignore ALL private messages (The green ones) ? I know there are individuals ignore command, but I cant seem to find a general one.

I'm getting a lot of people telling me if they could ask a question, and if I say yes, they then proceed ask if I have any money to spare or loan. If the question was actually genuine query, then I would be more than very happy to help the person.

This happens every time I log on to a trader, yes its probably level 90 and you can say I'm loaded with cash, but I gained this money hard earned trading and pirate encounters. My personal opinion says that I do not deserve to be bombarded with messages, from beggars or people asking for loans who most of them are too lazy to get money, or buy a Capital without getting a trader of their own !

It is annoying because it is just pure meta gaming as well, they just look up the player list and player level for people. Even If they actually made some effort to track me down and fly right next to my ship before RP begging, then I would also be happy to donate a few mill credits. But not just this current green message begging of "can i have some money plox" to all the high level players at the moment.

And thats my rant of the day
why not make a bank ship so the ones you fly dont have high levels
A good idea, might move the bank deposits out of the trader to another character. But still have a cap 8 with bs scanner fitted at the moment which may make it slight hard to lower it, but guess I could theoretically remove those components.
Does a BS scanner actually do anything better? The "scan range" doesnt let you see enemy players any further away.