Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My Zoner Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

im not sure if this sort of idea belongs here or somewhere else, so if it does belong somewhere else im happy for the mods to move it.

Now i know there has been a lot of discussion about zoners, their neutrality and the more paramilitaristic view of the Zoner Alliance.

I feel that .87 could provide a chance for Zoners and their lore to evolve.

We all know they are allied to order and GMG, hostile to nomads/wilde and neutral to everyone else.

But reviewing some of the player faction pages of the wiki, ive found that officially the Colonial Republic is allied with Zoners, the GRN are unfriendly with Zoners and the GRP are possibly unfriendly to Zoners as GRP are listed as unfriendly to all sirian factions.

i believe this situation could allow a shake up of Zoners views, and relations in sirius. it could allow for the Zoners to get a bit more involved in regards to defending themselves and their allies, and get a bit more involved in the bretonia v Gallia war.

again i stress this is just the beginnings of an idea, and i am open to all constructive criticism and ideas. but please, no out of hand rejection or 'this is a stupid idea' type of comments please. they arent helpful.
Yet another one innocent mind noticed zoner caps.
I'm all for Zoner lore expanding, and it not being a simple "everyone is neutral" thing anymore, at least if they're all going to be under one ID and IFF. If the Zoners are going to end up being separate

But I get the idea that you're suggesting the ZA should play a part in this, to which I say -NO NO NO-, not because I disagree with their RP, but because the ZA are a small unofficial faction who really play no part in the grand scheme of Zoners, despite what they might say.

Heck, ZA have even been opposed by OFFICIAL Zoner factions like OSI-, that should disqualify them from progressing Zoner RP if nothing else.

EDIT: I bet this thread will have at least 5 pages within 25 hours, anyone wanna take me up on it?
im not suggesting any particular official or unofficial zoner faction.

The ZA..... even i, as an independent zoner, find them too aggressive.

im not suggesting lots of zoner caps end up in battles, but there is potential for more story development there as long as it isnt overdone.
How can CR be allied to Zoners? That's like saying the Order is allied to freelancers.
Then the wiki pages need to be updated. because there is a lot of conflicting info.

Clarity is needed.