Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Felicitations, lancers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm Nicholas Manuel, lancer since 2008. I can't talk much about myself other than I'm looking for a good time in the RP servers. I live in the great state of Mississippi, birthplace of Jim Henson, the Muppet Master.

Currently I'm playing vanilla FL, utilizing JFLP with tweaks. My current objective before Discovery is to playthrough the SP Campaign. Then I have to make a clean reinstallation for Discovery.

Any case, I'm glad to be here.
First of all, Welcome to Disco!

Now - seeing you're new here, i'd recommend you read the rules and guidelines found here on the forum so that you may get on the right road from the start. Then again, seeing you're currently going trough SP, take care around there and shoot some nomads. Tongue

Anyhow - if you have any questions when you'll get to MP, feel free to ask.

Good luck and have fun!
Welcome!

Looks like Carter covered any "must do's" so...enjoy your stay!
Quick question about the RP servers, are there methods of voice chat in-game, or can that only be possible via 3rd-party applications.

Also, I'm looking to join a faction that is in civil war with another. I mean, if there is a civil war going down, what's the story behind the two major factions? What are the philosophies of the two sides? I'm itching for a dogfight.
Voice chat is not an option the game offers - though most of us seemed to have fixed that by using the various communication programs that are there.

Skype is the most recommended for general communication - so it's a must.
While for voice-only - there is Team Speak 3 (and i've also seen Raid Call being used).

Though... voice-chat in general is only used for ooRP, like in fights where you can't type and shoot at the same time... or convoys maybe for the fun.

EDIT: Also - regarding the wars that seem to be going right now, the most obvious ones are the one between Liberty and Bretonia and the one between Gallia and the whole Sirius (almost). Still, i recommend checking this: http://www.discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
I'd use skype for Combat RP scenarios. Maybe to delegate on plot development, if needed.
Hello there , Nice to have new Guys, Well John is Working as a Welcomer so do i
anyway, Good thing that you play Vanilla first, get used to it then Play Disco SP a little, wne you want to play on the RP server, Read the Rules, and Read the LAWS OF SIRIUS------>http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8584

and yes TS3 (Teamspeak 3) is for OORP Voice chatting ,Trading Fighting, Pretty cool and fun
Skype is a Mandatroy for joining a Offical faction and groups

and read the whole changing things in Disco, Like Gallia-Bretonia War, new Thingys like Coalition and Colonial Republic, Reapers of Sirius

if you need anything, "Fire away"
Unfortunately, TS3 is down. I can't get a client.
Greetings. You're new so if you haven't seen this yet, I'd like to show you.
If you want an enhancement for Freelancer's graphics, you can click my banner in my signature.
I also recommend downloading Discovery Launchpad to control your accounts and help you with wide screen and other things like a chat log
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...=Launchpad
Why thank you, I'm hoping to get a kick out of the new HD enhancements.

Oh, that reminds me, I'm switching my alias, to Sigma Skye, the inkling Freelancer. Don't worry, this is an AU Sigma, the one in the canonical universe is cephalokiin (Squidborn), and is in the Source Engine.