Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Multibox mining
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw somewhere that multiboxing is only allowed for equipment transfers and mining transfers.

Just want someone to clarify whether this is true and does "mining transfers" include parking my hauler next to my miner, using the miner to fill the transport, then disconnecting the miner and taking the hauler to sell?

Because lets be honest, no mining ship is big enough to fill a 5000 cargo ship in one transfer, surely they would have to hang around for a while.
Mining is a team effort. The only way you can go around that is using a Heggie at the cost of cargo space.
(06-06-2013, 11:28 PM)alCauthon Wrote: [ -> ]I saw somewhere that multiboxing is only allowed for equipment transfers and mining transfers.

Just want someone to clarify whether this is true and does "mining transfers" include parking my hauler next to my miner, using the miner to fill the transport, then disconnecting the miner and taking the hauler to sell?

Because lets be honest, no mining ship is big enough to fill a 5000 cargo ship in one transfer, surely they would have to hang around for a while.

Multiboxing is not allowed at all any more, admins installed software to prevent it completely. What you are suggesting here will get you sanctioned even if you could get around the software and do it. Even in the old days multibox mining wasnt allowed, just equipment transfers.
(06-07-2013, 12:11 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2013, 11:28 PM)alCauthon Wrote: [ -> ]I saw somewhere that multiboxing is only allowed for equipment transfers and mining transfers.

Multiboxing is not allowed at all any more, admins installed software to prevent it completely. What you are suggesting here will get you sanctioned even if you could get around the software and do it, even in the old days multibox mining wasnt allowed, just equipment transfers.

Meh, good enough reason not to try.
(06-07-2013, 12:14 AM)alCauthon Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, good enough reason not to try.

Quite, see rule 2.1:

2. Cheating & Hacking

2.1 Following actions are considered cheating on server:

- Using non-Discovery mods, speed-related and loot-related mods especially, as well as using modifications that improve stats of items and ships;
- Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay;
- Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod.
- Using equipment that exceeds ship specs;
- Cloning, e.g. creating new characters to collect starting money;
- Single player having more than one instance of Discovery open to fly their own characters;

- Single player having more than one instance of Discovery open to fly their own characters;
If anything i think that should be worded a bit better, i read that and just assumed it meant no going in formation with a fleet of your own transports or something like that. mining to fill a transport is essentially an item exchange that takes a little longer, but if it's not allowed at all anymore... not gonna bother.
Good.

My advice is the same as Sindromes, get a friend, or join a mining faction.
(06-07-2013, 12:25 AM)Hone Wrote: [ -> ]Good.

My advice is the same as Sindromes, get a friend, or join a mining faction.

I have a friend but he plays minecraft too often xD was just looking for some convenience is all, i'll run trade routes or something while he isn't around, no worries. Thanks for the tips.
in a way you still can do this.. but it IS risky. not sanctionable but just risky.

Do the following:
- make a miner. (rep it and such)
- make a transport
- for the easy part make it on the same account.

bring the transport to a spot where you want to mine. F1 it.
fly your miner there. and start to mine.. as long there are NPC nearby the ore will not disappear. same as long you are still in space there. so after mining some more then your cargo hold. just f1 and then after 1 minute relog you transport. It might be that the ore is gone but in 90% of the cases its still there..

(o damn another spoiler..)
(06-07-2013, 10:23 AM)Duvelske Wrote: [ -> ]in a way you still can do this.. but it IS risky. not sanctionable but just risky.

Do the following:
- make a miner. (rep it and such)
- make a transport
- for the easy part make it on the same account.

bring the transport to a spot where you want to mine. F1 it.
fly your miner there. and start to mine.. as long there are NPC nearby the ore will not disappear. same as long you are still in space there. so after mining some more then your cargo hold. just f1 and then after 1 minute relog you transport. It might be that the ore is gone but in 90% of the cases its still there..

(o damn another spoiler..)

As far as I can tell this isn't a sanctionable offense, but I'm sure it will be highly frowned upon by admins, if not the rest of the community (that isn't using this technique, I mean). Clever work around though. I play on a timezone when the server is mostly dead, so I usually just back and forth on my miner, since I'm patient like that Tongue
Pages: 1 2