Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Chinese Phones ? Zopo ZP980?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do one use it? I am really considering taking one since my old contract ends next month:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWxvYn2riM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2234265
http://www.handy-deutschland.de/zopo-zp9...lsizeimage
http://colonelzap.blogspot.de/2013/04/zo...-core.html
Also there would be better version soon with updated CPU and RAM/ROM:
http://www.gizchina.com/2013/05/31/zopo-...urbo-spec/
http://www.canvashd.com/2013/06/15ghz-zo...17999.html

I never had Chinese telephone and I have my doubts according the quality, but the quality looks ok judging the videos presented and the Sharp full HD display kick the ass of all other smartphones.
My second doubt is battery live.

If there are any phone junkies around I am kinda noob so I am listening to you for good Android Phone.
not a pro (but getting one myself onna these soon, so i put a bit of research into this)
things you gotta look out for:
1) battery capacity- screw thin phones, the more mah the better. anything that has 3000mah=good . the iphone has 2000mah and my classmates be chargin their iphones every lunchtime. meanwhile I'm chillin with my overkill 3600mah battery that I recharge once every three days (granted my current phone isn't one of those 100ghz smartphones) seriously though, keep your battery capacity above 2000mah, and it'll last.
2) processor thingy- always choose the one with the 28nm lithiography over the older 40nm generation. lower lithiograffy generally equates to lower power consumption.
3) gorilla glass (or Dragontail glass) - what higher end fones use to prevent they screenz from breaking. unfortunately you may have to read reviews for this one, most websites don't list gorilla glass on their specs for some reason
4) IPS screen. anything above $150 should have IPS, but keep an eye out in case it doesn't
5) screen size. anything >5" = tablet with phoning capabilities. Not a phone imo.
6) screen resolution and graphics capabilities. granted all current gen smartphones and china phones can playback most HD content flawlessly, but don't go beyond 720p if you want 3D gaming, especially not on the MTK6589 (or so I've concluded in the benchmarks). Besides, who needs the detail of 1080p anyway...? 360dpi is alreally very detailed imo.
7) Storage. It is preferable to have a microsd card slot somewhere on your phone. shelling out an extra 10-20bucks for 8 more gigs of internal storage is generally not worth it
8) Brand reputation. Not all Chinese phone brands are nameless quasi-legal brands. Some (such as the brand xiaomi) are legit companies with fanbases.
9) A phone is a tool of communication. One thing I'm concerned about is that since phones are used as computers these days, they could lag and freeze like computers, and that could be bad news like if ur house is on fire or something and you need to dial a 3 digit number.
I love my $20 phone for this very reason- it's sturdy, it's not "smart" enough to crash or lag, and the battery lasts like forever. And if it were still available for sale I'd recommend it to you, but meh- the zp980 seems okay

Can't suggest you anything though. I live in Hong Kong so the pricing I get is probably a bit different from your pricing.
I suggest you take some time and look around in chinamobiles.org . I think its the best china phone forum there is, helped me a lot in my case.
www.cect-shop.com is also a trustworthy shop, their prices might be higher, but the support and delivery was without any problems.
Thank you a lot.I know already about the Cect shop. I would check chinamobiles.org
other good source is:
http://www.gizchina.com/

My point is that my contract is over and I does not want to give extra money for the Smartphone, BASE options are good because you get the phone paid by your monthly bills as it seems the phone bonus is around 300 E in the contract type that suits my needs. Other option is to buy S4/Xperia Z/HTC One
on double price with additional contract costs that offer stuff that wont use,for my preferences card slot is must- I would need memory but wont play games.
I prefer to watch movies when I travel and listen to music as additional stuff then normal telephoning.
(06-07-2013, 01:38 PM)Govedo13 Wrote: [ -> ]on double price with additional contract costs that offer stuff that wont use,for my preferences card slot is must- I would need memory but wont play games.
I prefer to watch movies when I travel and listen to music as additional stuff then normal telephoning.

well then this phone is perfect.
look at Jiayu phones, they're awesome - i got G2+ but G4 is the newest one i think.
Yes indeed, I checked those too.
They offer a bit more ram and more Memory/same CPU but on 4.7 720p display instead of 5 1080p display, also they offer better battery. This is G4 advanced version- sadly with around 100-120€ more then the ZP980 and still not available for free with the new contract like the ZP980, also I must buy it from China via local vendor and wait like 2-3 weeks in order to be financially raped in the Customs in order to receive it.
Also the new player is Optimus 4xHD a bit older but it have memory slot and proper CPU/GPU for my needs, it got like 13k on the benchmark when the ZP980 makes around 11k.
I recommend a Nexus 4 for 299, contract free, same specs as the Note 2. However, there is no memory slot. You can use a tmobile 35 dollar a month plan for 100 mins but unlimited data and texting, and use the cloud.

Or wait for the next nexus or moto x.

Personally, I use the Galaxy Nexus and ordering a ZeroLemon extended battery.

EDIT: IPS Ew, OLED master race.
Wise advice on battery capacity. My Galaxy SII is only 1650mah and under heavy use it lasts maybe an hour at most.

When my contract ends later this year I'll be going for something non-Samsung for sure. Got to be part of the android master race still though.
I knew about the battery thing. The Chinese are masters- the battery is 2000 mah and manage to stay alive 6-8 hours under full usage and they give you second battery in the package.

Unlike most of the commercial milk-cow phones the battery is quite normal and changeable, also the phone have card slot- this are the two main reasons why I does not want to buy LG Optimus/Nexus- I find really gay the company policies one card slot costs them nothing but they try to milk you with their clouds/versions with more storage space for extreme amount of money and similar stuff.

Same story with the Iphone 5- the price difference between 16/32/64 GB is ridiculous, they cannot have even 1% of that difference in costs for the extra storage- it is pure robbery. My girl bought the 32 GB version even if I fllamed the model a lot- it is nice phone but I feel myself limited with their expensive apps, android stuff is a way more customizable and easy to use. I guess that the apple stuff would continue to be my favourite for Mp3 players and sport- I have the 5th and 6th nanos and I am quite happy with them, but phone.. nope.

I decided to wait a bit for the better enhanced version with 1.5 Ghz CPU, 2GB Ram and 32 GB Storage and Gorilla Glass, already bought 64 GB card and ordered the better version, I wait now for it, I hope it comes next week or so.
Pages: 1 2