Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can't get into freelancer, crash after title loading screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm back after having found my CD and now I can't get into game. It starts up, goes through movies, gets to the loading screen with the word FREELANCER and the planets in the background. It then crashes...

It may be a graphix card error, it may also be a SP2 error but I have a friend who runs it fine with SP2.

Any fixes/ideas/ telling me that this is in the wrong place?
Also hi everyone.
What are the specs on your system?
I had the exact error with my Freelancer.

I got it working just by rebooting my computer and trying again.

Sometimes in the Freelancer installation it tells you to reboot your computer after you've installed it.

If you don't do that like I didn't, that will happen and it propably won't work until you reinstall it and reboot it right after when the installation is done.

So as far as I know, reboot should work.
' Wrote:I had the exact error with my Freelancer.

I got it working just by rebooting my computer and trying again.

Sometimes in the Freelancer installation it tells you to reboot your computer after you've installed it.

If you don't do that like I didn't, that will happen and it propably won't work until you reinstall it and reboot it right after when the installation is done.

So as far as I know, reboot should work.

Shweet, trying now!
If you have added/removed any non-save safe mods, you should try deleting

the autosave and restart.fl files in your single player "my games" accounts directory saved games in freelancer
um...

C:\Documents and Settings\"Insert Windows XP username here"\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer\

thats the typical Windows XP (not sure for other OS) directory for the saved games, delete Autosave and restart.fl files from the directory after modding the game.