Discovery Gaming Community
I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: I would like to start a Player Owned Base (/showthread.php?tid=102256)

Pages: 1 2 3

I would like to start a Player Owned Base - PeterFreelancer - 07-22-2013

Heey, the title is obvious,

I'm looking for an admin that can help me, because I don't want to give detailed information about the new base here, because I've build 2 bases already, but within a day they got blown up ... (I guess base without rights of being gets automatically destroyed by server admins?!?). That's why I stepped to the forums because this was really painful for me...

Side Story: (the bases were 100k above or under the sirius sector, I guess the admins blow it up because normal players can't know I've set it up there because there were no players around me while building, and I had the supplies for the base so it died by hostile fire, not by to less supplies!!) I know how a player base works

So I wait for admin response, I would like to discuss the rights to start a new player owned base with a couple of friends.

Greetings,

Peter

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Sabru - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 02:08 PM)PeterFreelancer Wrote: Heey, the title is obvious,

I'm looking for an admin that can help me, because I don't want to give detailed information about the new base here, because I've build 2 bases already, but within a day they got blown up ... (I guess base without rights of being gets automatically destroyed by server admins?!?). That's why I stepped to the forums because this was really painful for me...

Side Story: (the bases were 100k above or under the sirius sector, I guess the admins blow it up because normal players can't know I've set it up there because there were no players around me while building, and I had the supplies for the base so it died by hostile fire, not by to less supplies!!) I know how a player base works

So I wait for admin response, I would like to discuss the rights to start a new player owned base with a couple of friends.

Greetings,

Peter

Admins dont control the rights to where bases are built.

What you should do, is contact the major group/s in the area you want to build.

If you are building in House space, they charge to rent the space and have different conditions depending on what house you are going to build in.

Unlawfuls can also get annoyed if you build in their turf if you do not pay them some dues.

Your bases were probably blown to pieces, because they were illegal.

That's why you should be on the forums in general. otherwise you are clueless, and rage when things like that happen.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - PeterFreelancer - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 02:18 PM)Sabre Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 02:08 PM)PeterFreelancer Wrote: Heey, the title is obvious,

Greetings,

Peter

Admins dont control the rights to where bases are built.

What you should do, is contact the major group/s in the area you want to build.

If you are building in House space, they charge to rent the space and have different conditions depending on what house you are going to build in.

Unlawfuls can also get annoyed if you build in their turf if you do not pay them some dues.

Your bases were probably blown to pieces, because they were illegal.

That's why you should be on the forums in general. otherwise you are clueless, and rage when things like that happen.

I don't get it how the base is destroyed if it is at a place where nobody should be. It's like someone has a program with all player owned bases and their location... I want to settle in Bretonia. It is a one time 300 million payment I heard from friend. And I don't want to post it on forums, because enemies can also read where the new base will start, and that is unfair. I want to start a base (secretly) after it has shields (when it is quite save) than I want to say where the base is and then I'll pay the rights for the base... I know there are BAF Battleship/Cruiser/Bomber players who run a GRN Battleship/Cruiser/Bomber as well, thats why I don't thrust anybody.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Sabru - 07-22-2013

Nobody has a program with all POBs.

But Factions probably receive tips about illegal bases all the time.

Since you want to build in bretonia,

this thread should help:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=84463

Edit: BPA charges different amounts depending on where the base will be built.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Cris - 07-22-2013

Maybe your base is running out of supplies.

(07-22-2013, 02:36 PM)Cris Wrote: Maybe your base is running out of supplies.

Nope I know you need spaceship crew, oxygen, water, food rations enough basic alloy, ship hull panels and robotics, and mox/h-fuel for shields, and I know how much I need it every day, that's not the problem as I mentioned before.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Lonely Werewolf - 07-22-2013

Hmm, well if it's 100K above or below the plane, that's pretty much impossible to find. So really the most likely explanation is lack of supplies. Maybe you ought to try again and make sure you have what is needed, while constantly monitoring the stock level.

Could you give some more info, for example, how long after you started construction did your bases die?

(07-22-2013, 02:59 PM)Lonely Werewolf Wrote: Hmm, well if it's 100K above or below the plane, that's pretty much impossible to find. So really the most likely explanation is lack of supplies. Maybe you ought to try again and make sure you have what is needed, while constantly monitoring the stock level.

Could you give some more info, for example, how long after you started construction did your bases die?

Neh it's okay, telling you this won't make the base come back. I'm going to ask for permission to build in Bretonia then I built station, then I need 1 day support of Bretonia Capital Ships until shield generator is finished... because that GRN scum is invading whole Bretonia it seems...

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - utrack - 07-22-2013

NPCs ignore player bases.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - JayDee Kasane - 07-22-2013

I fail to see reason for PoB in 100k away off plane. Unless its in enemy territory and used as outpost for attack.

if you base had enough materials on it and crew was alive - base probably got blown up. Someone might saw you going with materials to deadspace and then went to recon and saw it from distance. Or you had cloaked ship following you. Or ... conspiracy.