Discovery Gaming Community
For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback (/showthread.php?tid=105704)

Pages: 1 2

For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Evo - 10-10-2013

Noobs are out there that don't know about the rollback, plain and simple. So far I've caught four of them grinding in freighters or lowly transports completely unaware of the imminent rollback and how you can get free cash atm.

Admeenz, we need a periodic notice regarding the current state of the server ingame. It will save a lot of ragequitting when our precious nublets find out that the two or three weeks they spent trading is all for nothing.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Vulkhard Muller - 10-10-2013

(10-10-2013, 04:40 AM)Evo Wrote: Admeenz, we need a periodic notice regarding the current state of the server ingame. It will save a lot of ragequitting when our precious nublets find out that the two or three weeks they spent trading is all for nothing.

I agree with this 100% I feel bad for those who do not know and are wasting their time doing something is is for no purpose.

+1

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Singularity - 10-10-2013

Correctly said and full support from my side +1 Smile

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Jonas Valent - 10-10-2013

Agree 100% otherwise there will be some angry newbies come rollback time.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Antiker - 10-10-2013

(10-10-2013, 06:36 AM)Galactica Wrote: Agree 100% otherwise there will be some angry newbies come rollback time.

They won`t just be angry they will just rage quit as stated in a post above. So we realy need this message and i don`t think that making such a message is a lot of work.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - SMGSterlin - 10-10-2013

If someone on the server doesn't know, then that's pretty much their fault. In the announcement with the new mod download link (which you must download in order to get on the server), it says this...

(09-15-2013, 11:43 AM)Cannon Wrote: Please expect problems -- the server will crash a lot -- this is a beta release. Don't panic we will fix any issues as quickly as possible. We will probably do a character database roll back once the server stabilizes sufficiently.

Notice the bolded part. If some newbie doesn't know, it's on them, because they've been warned.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - lIceColon - 10-10-2013

Doesn't hurt to remind.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Jonas Valent - 10-10-2013

Its not their fault if they don't know. A lot of the new players wont be coming to the forum to download it they will get it from moddb where you can download it straight off their page without coming to the forum. Then one day all their hard work will be wiped out and they wont understand why. Then we will not just lose a player but they will tell all their friends about the bs that happened when they played disco.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - SMGSterlin - 10-10-2013

I sincerely think you're overthinking things.

Chances are, if some player CBA to visit the forums, then he's gonna not know the rules, get sanctioned, and then rage when he's lost all his stuff because he didn't bother to take 10 minutes and visit the forums.

99% of Disco players who don't visit these forums are lolwuts, who we really don't care to have on the server anyways.

EDIT: I'm not saying a server message about the rollback is a bad idea, I'm just saying you're exaggerating things to be alot bigger than they actually are.

RE: For the greater good of noobs unaware of rollback - Lythrilux - 10-10-2013

I made this exact thread a while ago. Guess admins didnt hear me.