Discovery Gaming Community
Weird Kill Message - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Weird Kill Message (/showthread.php?tid=110833)

Pages: 1 2

Weird Kill Message - PlasmaSabre - 01-25-2014

Well it was just like any other day, i was flying around in my LABC on my account LNS-Hamilton. On this particular day i was exploring the Cassini system which i had just discovered. All of a sudden a planet appeared in front of me (in the nebula) and i flew right into it and died.

The weird thing is (see screenshot) that the death message said i was killed by DRED|Au.Revoir who was in Leeds. So unless there is some new inter-system photon beam then i think this is a glitch Smile Just thought you Admins might want to know about this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178179546/fl/fl/screen246.BMP

RE: Weird Kill Message - Vulkhard Muller - 01-25-2014

had this happen to me once, I was on my Pirate Raven's Talon( in Kyushu) and I "Killed" a Ln Cap8 Carrier in Alaska ( oddly enough when your death message came up I was fighting the Dred in leeds)

RE: Weird Kill Message - Kazinsal - 01-25-2014

Sometimes the server, when too many things happen at effectively the same moment, gets confused and bungles up client IDs in messages. Things like this happen. Totally harmless, but odd.

As an aside, holy hell, that's an impressive screen resolution. I didn't think DSAce even supported that. How many monitors are you using? What resolutions?

RE: Weird Kill Message - PlasmaSabre - 01-25-2014

Big Grin yes it is a good resolution, 4100x1024. Im using three 1280x1024 monitors with 130 bezel correction between each of them, hence 4100pixels across. Nvidia surround makes freelancer "think" they are just one screen, although i had to edit a lot of font/mouse files etc. otherwise the text is massive or to small to read Smile.

RE: Weird Kill Message - Kazinsal - 01-25-2014

Nvidia Surround and AMD EyeFinity support is something I'd love to actually throw into DSAce but the amount of driver API crud needed for that is just insane, so I don't think it's something I'd be able to feasibly do. Good on you for getting it working with FL though!

RE: Weird Kill Message - |nfrared - 01-25-2014

Just to let you know I was flying the DRED|Au.Revior. I was engaged with another player in a PvP battle and that is why I didn't respond to your PM's.

Yea, really weird, guess those Gallic Remote Explosives really work...

RE: Weird Kill Message - sindroms - 01-25-2014

That....is a big screenshot.

(01-25-2014, 08:24 AM)TANKinetic Wrote: All of a sudden a planet appeared in front of me (in the nebula) and i flew right into it and died.

Success.

RE: Weird Kill Message - PlasmaSabre - 01-25-2014

Well when i got back into Discovery i already had 3 screens on surround, and thats when i got the wonderful idea of trying to play FL on all three. There's only one problem though: in turret mode the ship takes up pretty much the whole screen. Thankfully turret zooming was re-enabled Smile

EDIT:

@|nfrared
np
Quote:guess those Gallic Remote Explosives really work...
if only Smile

@sindroms
well the nebula is dense...and the planet had no atmosphere or anything - my excuse for bad flying skills Tongue

RE: Weird Kill Message - Vipera Berus - 01-25-2014

Interesting glitch message. Havent had it happen to me - did actually once come across a player with nearly the same name as the chara I was flying. Since it was in conn that led to a hilarious death message. Now if I could only find the screenshot.

RE: Weird Kill Message - Narcotic - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 08:24 AM)TANKinetic Wrote: All of a sudden a planet appeared in front of me (in the nebula) and i flew right into it and died.

Almost scrapped the LR- flagship there, too. Stupid rogues can't even autopilot.

You play on three monitors? That actually makes a nice 180° view.