Discovery Gaming Community
House Leaders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: House Leaders (/showthread.php?tid=12390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

House Leaders - Igiss - 09-23-2008

Sometime ago I asked about collecting information on House leader names that were used in various RP stories and such. No one ever contacted me about this, and I'm starting to face the consequences.

Just noticed this one on the Wiki timeline page:

Quote:Nikolaus Reinhardt becomes Chancellor in Rheinland, eventually transforming the government into a fascist police state.
- Um? What is this all about?

Actually, I've already used different names for Rheinland chancellors (one former, one current), and inserted them into the news... and, what's more important, the "fascist police state" part. Is it really part of server role-play? To be honest, I meant completely different role for Rheinland after its recovery from Nomad intervention. Not fascist, and not even police state. Currently, victims of Liberty aggression with some agenda of their own. With internal political situation... well, sort of improving.

So, I'd ask you to provide all information that current server players use for RPing related to House leaders (and House politics). In this thread, or privately by e-mail (igissmail@gmail.com). Otherwise... well, don't complain that server RP developments have not been taken into account. I won't be able to use everything, of course, but some elements will be enough.

Also, if you have ideas about original names for
Heads of Houses
Leaders of House military
Leaders of The Council and some of the primary pirate factions
you are welcome to suggest some, cause the news really need to get some personification to feel more realistic.

Thanks in advance.

House Leaders - Zelot - 09-23-2008

The Corsair nation is lead by the Council of Elders.

At the Moment the Kusari shogunate council is being rp'ed as the Council of the Rising Suns.

If you need an Emperor of Kusari, I'll volunteer Ze'ev:P

House Leaders - Zapp - 09-23-2008

The old chief of the LPI was Matt Myers - you could make a news item of him retiring. Also of note is that the Battleship Fes in Omega 47 was laid waste to by the Fantasmas de la Nube Siniestre (a couple of ghosts), and changes in its infocard that would reflect that would be awesome. The story's here.

House Leaders - old.steel - 09-23-2008

As remaining member of the Kanzlers Garde: Alles L?ge!

Our mighty Chancellor was elected by a very, very, very, very ....

Praise the Kanzler the wholy bringer of peace and wisdom.

(
My old clan used to play the RW as a Military dedicated to a democratic Kanzler
)

But i have to say i like the idea of a religious Kanzler as given by his Gottkanzler Rheinhardt.

[Just my op ]

House Leaders - bluntpencil2001 - 09-23-2008

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Warhammer 40K inspired God-Chancellor idea (Note that the Emperor never claimed to be a God here;)), but I never liked retcons either, so... it doesn't quite work either way, eh?

Hmm. Awkward.

Also: If Rheinland is improving, won't the Bundschuh cease to exist?

House Leaders - Dopamino - 09-23-2008

No, hopefully it will just become a legitimate political party.

House Leaders - Lohingren - 09-23-2008

outcasts are being ran by the Council of Dons for now, basically reprasentatives from all the factions and independants.

House Leaders - Linkus - 09-23-2008

I think Rheinland is somewhat like pre-WW2 Germany currently. It is mainly facist however not ALL opposition has been stamped out (It can't really be stamped out in space fortunately, so many places to hide etc)

Pity Rheinland didn't go through an after-WW1 turmoil era.

What you could do if you want turmoil however, is simply assasinate the Chancellor. A tragic 'accident' occured planned by one of his admirals. Unfortunately they did not have enough power on their own to ascend to leadership and so infighting began. All the while the country was ravaged by a political inferno. Basically somewhat more like the after-WW1 turmoil and less like the Black and White Nazi era style of things that we have now.

This would firstly be a nice twist and make the Rheinland situation far more complicated and thus, many more oppurtunites for deeper RP.
Secondly it would give a boost to the Bundschuh, Hessians, LWB etc etc. They would gain supporters etc. After all, in times of trouble, people turn to extremists.

House Leaders - SevereTrinity - 09-24-2008

President Powell is head of Liberty atm.

House Leaders - Dantrithor - 09-24-2008

For now... for now...