Discovery Gaming Community
Gallia Reps for Traders and others - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Gallia Reps for Traders and others (/showthread.php?tid=18786)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - looqas - 04-03-2009

Now that I've been making some excursions to Gallia, I've been wondering about the reps I should have with the locals.

So far everybody is neutral to me, but I don't think they should be like that.

So conserving the natural trader - pirate relations which factions should be red to me?

Unione Corse and Gallic Brigands sound like the obvious ones based on the faction list here http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?title=NPC_Factions

But what about Maquis?

Could some one suggest a good place to do some rep fixing (shooting down) with Unione Corse and Brigands?

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - Tenacity - 04-03-2009

if you are an outsider (i.e., if your trade character is not born and raised in gallia with gallia rep and a gallia ship), you should be hostile to the gallic royal police, gallic royal navy, and gallic corporations. The only exception is for junkers who should be nuetral to these.

Outsiders may be neutral or even friendly towards the council and maquis, but will be nuetral/unfriendly with unione corse and the gallic brigands, and hostile with gallic lawfuls.

Gallia lawfuls will shoot any outsiders on sight. Dont let us catch you.

Thanks Tenacity. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Now doing business with the "default" rep sheet is odd and easy. You can basically land every base in Gallia quickly racking profits if you are a total power-trader type of guy.

But, but... Making all except Council red to you makes Gallia totally unaccessible to you. One can't land really anywhere, so what's the point of going there?

And what about Gallic traders? Should they receive the same treatment when coming old other houses space, i.e. shot on sight?

As things are now, people will fly there and base their actions on the rep sheet which actually gives you Blanche carte to do anything you like.

Is this being addressed somewhere by the admins or the general public? Are there guidelines present that people can follow when dealing with Gallia?

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - ophidian - 04-03-2009

The Navy and their stations go hostile immediately if you get t0o close to the inner system gates anyway. At least that happened to me.

' Wrote:The Navy and their stations go hostile immediately if you get t0o close to the inner system gates anyway. At least that happened to me.

Sorry I don't follow.

I'm able to fly to Burgundy using gates and lanes without any problems with the 'authoritahs'

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - Ceoran - 04-03-2009

Tenacity already summed it up for the outsiders. Unione Corse and Brigands can be neutral in your rep sheet, but expect to get taxed.
Gallic traders shouldn't leave gallia if I got it right. They are still lawful and shouldn't like outsiders, so why trade with them? (except junkers of course)

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - Weedalot - 04-03-2009

' Wrote:Tenacity already summed it up for the outsiders. Unione Corse and Brigands can be neutral in your rep sheet, but expect to get taxed.
Gallic traders shouldn't leave gallia if I got it right. They are still lawful and shouldn't like outsiders, so why trade with them? (except junkers of course)
taxed? we do not tax... The Corse will not pirate you, We will offer you an offer that you cannot resist, Cannot talk for the [UC] just the [L`Dubois] i dont see the corse are thugs so i wont play it as one. The council are cool with strangers... the house police are hostile BUT, they are so corupt that if you drop couple coins their way they wont make you lose the ship and cargo. The royal behinds are "Royal" and cannot be bought.
yes Junkers can enter but there is really RP problem with it. the 2 entrances to get to burgundy is council controlled.

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - Benjamin - 04-03-2009

The other way in to Gallia deals with the navy not the council, by the way.

But that end is kind of fail, design wise. To get into the rest of gallia you either have to run through the council home system or take a jumphole right next to a brigand base. Fine for junkers, less so for everyone else.

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - tazuras - 04-03-2009

' Wrote:But, but... Making all except Council red to you makes Gallia totally unaccessible to you. One can't land really anywhere, so what's the point of going there?
Council bases share much the same commodities as lawful gallic bases. Not all of them I dont believe but most of them. If you are coming to Gallia from Sirius and are anything but a junker you are a smuggler to the lawfuls, worse actually, you are hostile. So start acting like one, use JH's only and smuggle goods through the space without landing on the base of any lawful, only council and junker (who are the gallic equivalent to zoners by the way, only more criminal, they are pretty much neutral to anyone)

Quote: And what about Gallic traders? Should they receive the same treatment when coming old other houses space, i.e. shot on sight?
No, the rest of Sirius doesnt know enough about them to do anything like that. They can be greeted with curiosity and perhaps suspicion (maybe even cause confusion) but other than that they should be treated like any other trader. The only ones that should be leaving though are junkers and Council. Everyone else pretty much wants to maintain the status qou in Gallia.

Quote:As things are now, people will fly there and base their actions on the rep sheet which actually gives you Blanche carte to do anything you like.
Yeah, this is bad, personally i try to RP educate people by greeting them in Languedoc but you might wanna read some news in languedoc or at reunion before venturing any further into Gallia.

Gallia Reps for Traders and others - Ceoran - 04-04-2009

' Wrote:taxed? we do not tax... The Corse will not pirate you, We will offer you an offer that you cannot resist, Cannot talk for the [UC] just the [L`Dubois] i dont see the corse are thugs so i wont play it as one. The council are cool with strangers... the house police are hostile BUT, they are so corupt that if you drop couple coins their way they wont make you lose the ship and cargo. The royal behinds are "Royal" and cannot be bought.
yes Junkers can enter but there is really RP problem with it. the 2 entrances to get to burgundy is council controlled.

I could also call it offering a participation in their business, but technical it comes down to getting their money. And since I summed up the corse and the brigands in one statement I considered it a good explanation. Yes there are differences, otherwise they would be the same faction :P