Discovery Gaming Community
Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=204267)

Pages: 1 2

Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Fab - 08-06-2024

Click the image to see in 3D

Corsair "Vicar" Prototype Cruiser

Built to conquer anything no matter where it is, the Vicar is the embodiment of hundreds of years worth of experience in raids and conquest. Featuring a wide body that provides lift for atmospheric operations, dual-operation plasma engines, state of the art navigation systems and a cavernous hangar and cargo hold, the Vicar is suitable for any kind of operation, be it on space or under an atmosphere.

This is my personal take on how the Corsair capital ship design would be if the capitals were more influenced by the vanilla snubs. Featuring enormous wings and a tall central sail, this super heavy cruiser (or maybe battlecruiser?) is, in essence, a titanified Titan. In addition to taking inspiration from snubs, I also took inspiration from the current capital ships. The Corsair's signature design is the front being shaped like a helmet, which is very evident in the Imperator and the Tribunnus. The front also features a ramming blade for a more direct assault, and the sensors are positioned in a way that makes the front profile look very menacing.

The ship features fast, slick lines and shapes, promoting a sense of speed and modernity. There's also a hint of modern stealth fighters in it. I took the freedom to not overuse windows, as it is something that really bothers me in some caps. The only "windows" - at least for now, is the armored bridge overlooking the ship, and the frontal cupolas. And, I went away with the horns for the most part. It is still quite edgy.

It isn't in a state I would consider "finished", as there are lots of places I can add a few more details or so. Still, I'd like your opinion on the model itself (This is my first spaceship model, ever)

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Nodoka Hanamura - 08-06-2024

Gives me Project Wingman Airship vibes. I like it.

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Groshyr - 08-06-2024

It gives me weird vibes but I like it

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Kauket - 08-06-2024

Oh, it's a cruiser. I thought you were showing me a snub in PMs tbh.

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - EisenSeele - 08-06-2024

replace the praefect with it 8|

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - HUMPHRESS - 08-06-2024

I think this looks really cool! It doesnt seem very "capital-ship" like to me, I think its how big the wings are in comparison to its body (or the fact it is literally based off of snub designs), but none the less I do really like it. I look forward to seeing how it develops.

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Shelco - 08-06-2024

Setting aside any debates on balance, I appreciate the Bounty Hunter ships for their unique vertical orientation, just as I admire this one for its horizontal layout. It's a fascinating design choice. Smile

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Karmotrine Dream - 08-06-2024

Flying Wing designs always meet my favour, and this is no exception! I also appreciate the concept behind this, a titanic Titan; simple but effective, and 'expands' the existing Corsair line in a natural fashion.
The only remark I'd like to make concerns the fuselage, the main body - it might be because of the missing textures, but the front looks a little too similar to the back. Perhaps extending the front outwards a little or making the back less pointy might do the trick?

At any rate, excellent work (sun)

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - ElGatito - 08-06-2024

WHERE
ARE
THE
HORNS?????

RE: Corsair Prototype Multimission Cruiser - Fab - 08-06-2024

thanks to everyone for the feedback, including the ones who reached for me in DMs.

(08-06-2024, 12:48 PM)ElGatito Wrote: WHERE
ARE
THE
HORNS?????

Soon. tm.