Discovery Gaming Community
Looking for RP-heavy group. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Looking for Group (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=400)
+--- Thread: Looking for RP-heavy group. (/showthread.php?tid=204363)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for RP-heavy group. - Wulthus - 08-15-2024

Hello,

I noticed that most players/factions in-game activity centres around core freelancer gameplay, that is getting credits and participating in staged PvP.

Is there a group of players more focused on using the game and it's universe as an open RPG platform, focusing more on player interaction, creating stories and events together, rather than gameplay, or if not, would anyone be interested in starting up such a group?

To the veterans, i'd point to O'Rhu| as an example.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Shelco - 08-15-2024

Could you provide more details regarding the "open RPG platform" you're looking for?

I'd shamelessly use this chance to advertise NWB| if I knew it would resonate with you.

I like to say that the faction is basically supposed to be a ground for developing a character by having a broad selection of personalities and Origins to choose from.

Basically, you can be many things within the Bundschuh and go many ways from there on, not being confined to Rheinland per se. Creating stories is definitely something you could do there, events too, provided there are ideas (which I welcome, of course) and enough people to participate.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Reeves - 08-15-2024

We've been doing exactly this for a couple years now. Feel free to read through my story threads and those of certain members to see if it's up your alley.

Also feel free to drop by our discord to just hang out if you want.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Karmotrine Dream - 08-15-2024

Well, I'm not a group of players and I don't represent any specific faction - I'm in Bristol as a simple member - but I definitely like to see people looking to get more involved into RP matters or into more involved RP!
I'm not sure what you play or if something could be organised, but I'm always open to new interactions and new ideas (preferably of the less shooty kind) (sun)

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Ageira - 08-15-2024

Ageira~ Innovations is always looking for new people.

We let our members do their own RP projects, it's up to you, the player/member to decide if it's combined with an ingame activity or not.

If you need any more information, look at our signature or just join our discord.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - TheKusari - 08-15-2024

I'd pitch you the Starfliers.

Out of roleplay, it's a group that uses the game's mechanics, actions and tasks and dresses them up in a sciency and exploratory kinda way. It's not for everyone, but the main element of our group is that we have an ID line that states "cannot use weapons" Which forces our members to roleplay >: )

We do write stories as part of our science roleplay, you can find them here.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - A Magpie - 08-15-2024

Do undercover LSF stuff if you want.

Different IFF LSF ID ships sneaking about is surprisingly fun, but it’s a coin toss of sportsmanship of other gamers. You get either the people who will instantly out you and speedrun levying RP consequences, or peeps who will sit and rollenspiel. Unlike Wild factions, you can be not red to everyone and having a quick F9 on you saying “Wild, very hostile”.

My character @‘Mr. Lime’ is a filthy disgusting glowie who spends 80% of his screentime talking to criminals in various shades of incognito with the help of his robot slave.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - StellarViss - 08-15-2024

I would recommend the Starflyers as a good RP faction. While I am not a member of them I have interacted with them on numerous occasions and it has always been a pleasure (and fun). I should also recommend Orbital Spa & Cruise for there dedication and interesting characters.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Eclipse Vanguard - 08-15-2024

Man, why RP when you can Pew pew !?

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - 9th.Legion - 08-15-2024

(08-15-2024, 03:33 PM)Eclipse Vanguard Wrote: Man, why RP when you can Pew pew !?

My question as well. I still don't understand, what is it so fun about Role Playing, It has always been really boring doing that part of Freelancer.