Discovery Gaming Community
Any lawful's left in Disco? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Any lawful's left in Disco? (/showthread.php?tid=30394)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Any lawful's left in Disco? - ryoken - 11-30-2009

OK i have been gone for 8 month's. Came back a few day's ago,and all i see are pirate's, and not nice,or fair pirate's. All i get is 10 mil or die/Drop that ore or die/stop or die. In last 3 day's i have not made more then 1 successful run. i have lost 30 mil in cargo,and everytime i try to mine, Junker's/outcast's show up in Penn,and when i manage to get some ore i am hit in NY/Colorado,and NT. Every single pirate demand's like 90% of your cash,or cargo.
So is there a single lawful here that will do something? Everytime i radio a lawful,i get "sorry i cannot beat those guy's",or "sorry i am busy" or "I am only 1 and them 3"
At this rate i do not see how a new player can get started. Second they hit 30 they get robbed,or killed.
So is their any lawful's out there? or should i just give up again on Disco,and go back to Megamek/WOW.
Please someone give me a reason why anyone new should even bother to try,and play here.:(

Any lawful's left in Disco? - Harcourt.Fenton.Mudd - 11-30-2009

I saw some lawful outcast about 5mins ago in penn.

They're getting fed up with lolpirate's in transports ganking miners, and aretrying to hunt them down.

Any lawful's left in Disco? - ProwlerPC - 11-30-2009

' Wrote:I saw some lawful outcast about 5mins ago in penn.

They're getting fed up with lolpirate's in transports ganking miners, and aretrying to hunt them down.

L M A O that was funny.
It might be true too.
Is it possible that lawfuls have dropped in such numbers that we see unlawful factions laying the smackdown on lolwut's more then we see lawfuls interdicting smugglers?

Any lawful's left in Disco? - TYHPilot - 11-30-2009

I just fly around Liberty as a Vigilante hunting pirates. I could always use some help though

Any lawful's left in Disco? - ProwlerPC - 11-30-2009

Well I can jump on my Manta and scoot around mopping up but I'd have to wear an extra layer on my anti-flame suit.

Any lawful's left in Disco? - Bear - 11-30-2009

avoid using trade lanes, fly at 15-16k above the plane (yes, you can still RP doing this, you just don't have lolpriates on you all day). never get pirated then. Unless you go through a JG and your unlucky enough to have a pirate camping that particular JG...

Any lawful's left in Disco? - reavengitair - 11-30-2009

More bounties is what's needed.

Then again, in order to get money for bounties you need to powertrade/powermine. Powermining/powertrading makes more profit for pirates, therefore more pirates.

Discovery works in endless circles.

Any lawful's left in Disco? - ryoken - 11-30-2009

Yeah so what i am getting is be a pirate, or be robbed non stop.Going up 15K work's yes,but not when they are camping in ore field's,and camping every gate. My fav so far is seeing unlawful's full of stolen ore docking at lawful base's. No one is doing a thung about that. Same as lawfully "TAGGED" and "ID'd" transport's sitting in rock field's buying ore from unlawful's right after they kill a miner/transport in front of them. RP? :lol::lol::lol: Yeah right. Was alot of abuse in 4.84. Why i left. But so far in 4.85 i see 10X the abuse, and 1/10th the sanction's for it. Maybe admin staff just said hell with it, maybe no one is posting,or maybe People see 1 guy abuse a rule for cash,and just say screw it if he can do it so can i. All in all i think disco will soon just be a PVP server. Already seen some of the best RP player's leave,soon the rest will go to.

Any lawful's left in Disco? - Bear - 11-30-2009

' Wrote:Yeah so what i am getting is be a pirate, or be robbed non stop.Going up 15K work's yes,but not when they are camping in ore field's,and camping every gate. My fav so far is seeing unlawful's full of stolen ore docking at lawful base's. No one is doing a thung about that. Same as lawfully "TAGGED" and "ID'd" transport's sitting in rock field's buying ore from unlawful's right after they kill a miner/transport in front of them. RP? :lol::lol::lol: Yeah right. Was alot of abuse in 4.84. Why i left. But so far in 4.85 i see 10X the abuse, and 1/10th the sanction's for it. Maybe admin staff just said hell with it, maybe no one is posting,or maybe People see 1 guy abuse a rule for cash,and just say screw it if he can do it so can i. All in all i think disco will soon just be a PVP server. Already seen some of the best RP player's leave,soon the rest will go to.

Somehow I don't doubt it, it's just to much hassle to post sanctions to me. I will only post them if the person is abusing me because if you post for anything else then you get someone who doesn't speak our language, just doesn't care and does it again or just don't understand a thing about RP. It took me two days to get to Narita un-pirated doing my method but I was heavily involved in RP and other stuff whilst doing my method of powermining. I only mine during the lowest player count time anyway to avoid most of the stupid people.

Any lawful's left in Disco? - Chico - 11-30-2009

I think the problem is with a particular ID.
Pilots can pirate for ore and then fly right infront of a lawful and dock on a lawful base despite the fact that his goods are stolen and no-one except the pirate and piratee would know.
The balance (or circles) has shifted.

The law can't patrol this because they don't know who is what. It's no longer clear.
Sadly, tricks like these will start to unravel the RP basis.
A lot of players now pick the best ship, guns and ID rather than the best RP weapons, ship, ID etc