Discovery Gaming Community
Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ (/showthread.php?tid=3410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Grievous_SK - 07-25-2007

Hello Players,

I started playing 1 week ago ... i bought train than trade, next container than trade and after 1 week i reached 500 millions ! - my eyes:(( . I am playing this great mod , cos there is BS called LIberty carrier ( From star wars ep III - FLagship of Grievous) , i love that ship. so i made nick and bought it - that is good, BUT!

When i went to freeport 2 i saw cap armor upgrade (i know that it is there cos i have my own server) and when i saw that price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 895 mils !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!!

I am playing FL about 2 years and i player lot of modds for example : my favourite mod was Freelancer Nomad Revenge II 2.29 mod - there i had lib. dreadgnout .. there was only 6 big BSs and 10 armor upgrades: 6 military - most expesieve costs 9 mil , 2-3 normal - abut 7 mils, .... SPECIAL - 3 dollars - from nomads and one capital super upgrade from the end of map for 20 mils - NOT 895 !!! for that money i can get two RH BSs with Full Tuning , Turrets etc.

So i am asking - are we that so stupid to work like animals to get that 895 mils ???!!!

PLS post every comment

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Hylden - 07-25-2007

Well, the thing is that here this game is meant to be harder, lemme tell you why. We want the best bs (as eq i mean) to be used only by faction, as a flagship. I mean that, the flagship should be stronger than the rest of the ships from that fleet. That's why it's expensive, to avoid the ppl to all use the same damn armor upg. Frankly, I'd suggest the MK VI one, it's 48 mills, and upg the armor by a factor of 3. It's good too, and if you have some skills in a bs, you can take out a bs with MK VIII armor on it.

Hope this satisfied you:)Hylden.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - yurineova - 07-25-2007

' Wrote:Well, the thing is that here this game is meant to be harder, lemme tell you why. We want the best bs (as eq i mean) to be used only by faction, as a flagship. I mean that, the flagship should be stronger than the rest of the ships from that fleet. That's why it's expensive, to avoid the ppl to all use the same damn armor upg. Frankly, I'd suggest the MK VI one, it's 48 mills, and upg the armor by a factor of 3. It's good too, and if you have some skills in a bs, you can take out a bs with MK VIII armor on it.

Exactly :)

Plus, Capital Armor upgrades arent worth it in my opinion; they just take up too much cargo... But anywho, What you get is your choice. (Besides, 900 mil is a little too pricy for me...)

By the way, what do you mean, thats impossible? Money limits arent at 999,999,999, they are 1.9 billion. So, you can save up exactly enough for a BS AND that upgrade.

(Got little to add, Hylden hit it on the spot :laugh:)

:crazy:Miles Cadre

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Vtec - 07-25-2007

I know what you mean, But it will get more expensive in the future
( I think )
Becouse the BS's are now more expensive 2 then on the previous versions of discovery

:)

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Denelo - 07-25-2007

' Wrote:Well, the thing is that here this game is meant to be harder, lemme tell you why. We want the best bs (as eq i mean) to be used only by faction, as a flagship. I mean that, the flagship should be stronger than the rest of the ships from that fleet. That's why it's expensive, to avoid the ppl to all use the same damn armor upg. Frankly, I'd suggest the MK VI one, it's 48 mills, and upg the armor by a factor of 3. It's good too, and if you have some skills in a bs, you can take out a bs with MK VIII armor on it.

Echoed. That's it exactly.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Fellow Hoodlum - 07-25-2007

This is The Discovery Mod, and is more difficult than anywhere else, please don't try to compare it to anywhere
else you have played Greivous SK.
I hope it stays that way, most others here have had little to complain about, give it a chance ...

Hoodlum

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Korrd - 07-25-2007

Getting all pwnz0r guns and armor is not going to take you anywhere. There are players here who can take over a BS with a bomber.

In fact, BS's might be much more expensive for the next release, if Igiss agrees with my plans.. But much more powerful..

And said stuff is meant for factions to buy, not by single players..

Skill over technology...

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Panzer - 07-25-2007

FINALLY, Battleships are supposed to be half-invincible and only BIG factions should be able to have them.

And speaking of powerful, could Battlestars get an armor upgrade? Just enough so that they could have an even fight against an outcast dreadnought (even if it would cost more than one of those behemoths)

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - yurineova - 07-25-2007

I agree that Discovery is harder than most mods, So comparing doesnt work (Trust me, I've been around 10 different mods and so far, Discovery is the best I've seen. Great challenge, good trade runs (Not too much profit, but great profits with many places for pirates to hide.), Great ships, Very Balanced.)

Over all, you also have to understand that Battleships arent cheap, and I think 450 mil (On average) is a little too low. (Especially for the Rheinland BS, I think maybe the price of the Rheinland BS should be a little higher than an average BS because of Rheinland's Economical delema at the moment. Just throwing a suggestion to help RP..) Also, the sheer number of supplies and equipment, crew, and time that goes into a BS, it doesnt appear over-night. These factors are what contributes to a BS's high cost.

I agree with Korrd in how the BS should be more expensive. Should be left to those with big pocket-books, or to the factions. (Then again, People are flying more and more Battleships and I noticed that a few were missing appendages...:rolleyes:)

:crazy:Miles Cadre

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Grievous_SK - 07-25-2007

Thans for your opinion i will think about it.