Discovery Gaming Community
Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier (/showthread.php?tid=6254)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Xing - 02-16-2008

Made some slight adjustment over the model to reduce some useless polygons.
I have begun texturing the model.

I am proud to officially present you my new super-project in progress;

Reichstag class Carrier
The new flag of the Rheinland Fleet is being built by Daumann Heavy Industries and the Rheinland Military in both Alster and Oder shipyard - the ship is so immense, one construction site was not enough. It is known Alster will be building parts of the engines, deck and hangars (which will be slowly hauled toward Oder). Oder will be charged with building the main frame of this impressive vessel, which is probably by far the most extravagant Rheinland enterprise ever taken - it's total value is estimated at nearly twice as much as a factory-new Rheinland Battleship. Just by looking at it easily suggest it oversize the Liberty Carrier easily. It's middle part can house whole wings of starfighters, and larger hangars has been created to acomodate - according to Daumann, 4 gunboats!

Propulsion system seems to be using the new fusion nuclear reactors developped recently on New Berlin, three large wheel-like engines which will be used to power two propellers. Each of the engines weigh approximatively 75 tons, and are more than sufficient to power the whole ship and armament systems.

It's crew will be consisting of 7000 soldiers to maintain the ship - this range from engineers to cook, while it can host somewhere near 2500 pilots.

The captain command from the main deck, situated completely in front of the ship. The primary Tower in the middle part of the Reichstag class serves as the Flight Command Tower Prime - every fighter operations are directed from here. Two secondary towers are used to supervise eventual civilian and merchant vessels coming in the vicinity.

In war time, his thick armor will prevent the Reichstag class to be destroyed easily by a squadron of bomber, while powerful guns mounted at strategic position all over the ship will help defend it, and cover fighters as they scramble to the defence of the carrier.

At this moment, the Rheinland military has only planned to build one of such a ship.

[Image: reichstag1ud0.png]
Texturing continuing...

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Praetyre - 02-16-2008

With respect, and my praise for actually creating an original and well thought out model, carriers cannot be RPed in their function due to the limitations of the FL engine, which would make this ship a floating target for bombers otherwise, or something more akin to a Star Dreadnought of Star Wars fame.

This ship could potentially, as Geoff once stated, be used as a flying palace of sorts, or a super luxury liner, for the Kanzler. If it was used as a flagship for the Rheinland Military in the Spyglass-like uniqueness you attribute it, the term "Rheinland Dreadnought" would make more sense from a nautical point of view.

Just my two rheinmarks. This is not a criticism, more a sort of despairing remark at how the limited abilities of FL impair the ability to actually have certain types of real life ships, such as the aircraft carriers which are more and more replacing battleships and dreadnoughts as large scale ships of the line.

Meh I know that.
Still, it doesnt looks like a dreadnaught will all these hangars ive created, it obviously looks like a carrier.
Now, I know bombers can take this out easy... unfortunately. It was in my idea it'd be used as a flying palace - but obviously it would rather be useless in real combat since it doesnt really launch fighters - but in RP, that thing would be what, THE invincible vessel ever? With such large storage capacities, and launching bays, it could sawrm any number of enemies with ease. That's why I believe it could be a flag.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Unseelie - 02-16-2008

It looks rather small to me....Like something I would float in a bathtub..
Maybe you removed too many polys?

nah... it's because the texture is small - there are pieces so small, they are barely 1pixel large! - but if I enlarged it to what I guess would be real size, my computer would implode...

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Unseelie - 02-16-2008

I think it cold probably use more windows, too...its supposed to be huge, and the RH BS has a whole lot of windows...this one needs around as many.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - LancerZero - 02-16-2008

It shouldn't be larger than the Liberty Carrier, which is already pretty much at the upper limit for playable size.:P

Also, in order to be a true Rheinland cap, it needs to have rows of windows placed in nonsensical vertical slots. Looking great so far, though!

yes, I will add many more through textures - those you can actually see are those that have an actual shape over the model.
-oh, also did I reiszed it so i can manipulate it easier. Here it is full sized.
[Image: reichstag1ud0.png]
[Image: reichstag2gz4.png]
[Image: reichstag3pe9.png]

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - SimonBlack - 02-16-2008

That looks...sexy! :$

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - mjolnir - 02-16-2008

fit the RH Cruiser or maybe even the RH BS engine to the back..... this Snubnose engine looks pretty strange... and it's not even in the middle.

Otherwise I like it