Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. (/showthread.php?tid=95667)

Pages: 1 2

Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-18-2013

I am experiencing frequent crashes after I've logged into game when the server got back up recently. Those crashes happen randomly in space, when docked, even in main menu when I try to select something. Any thoughts?
P.S. Do not blame my PC, everything is OK with it and the viruses are cleaned at the moment.

RE: Freelancer crashes after the server problems. - Cannon - 03-18-2013

Do you mean that your game "crashes to desktop" or "connection to server is lost"?

RE: Freelancer crashes after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-18-2013

(03-18-2013, 06:41 PM)Cannon Wrote: Do you mean that your game "crashes to desktop" or "connection to server is lost"?

Game becomes not responding and I have to Alt+Del+Ctrl and close the process. It mostly happens when I get on server and after I select a char the game stops responding while on loading screen. I am not the only one who is experiencing this, I know several more people are having this problem.

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-20-2013

Now it got even worse! I cannot even connect to my characters on accounts! Anytime I select a char and click it, a normal loading screen pops up and the whole game stops responding. Then I have to end process via task manager.

Explanation is much appreciated.

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Valhalla Sr. - 03-20-2013

Hmpf... Happened to me too. I just cleaned my registry. No more crashing

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-20-2013

(03-20-2013, 05:28 PM)`ZeroGravity- Wrote: Hmpf... Happened to me too. I just cleaned my registry. No more crashing

How do I do that?

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Valhalla Sr. - 03-20-2013

CCleaner.

CLICK HERE

Ran CCleaner, rebooted the PC, still the same frequent crashes.

hmpf... when did it start?

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-21-2013

Soon after the server had issues and was shut down to fix them. After it went back up, I logged to prevent my chars from vanishing because I haven't played for long and I noticed that sometimes I couldn't log some characters(sometimes I can log, but crashes are still frequent). Those occasional crashes only happen when I try to connect to the official server chars, other servers work normally.