Discovery Gaming Community
Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=116829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Mímir - 08-29-2014

alright. well there are some obvious pits by using the id of a faction you dont belong to, but on the other hand it seems like you thought a lot of it over so i think its cool that you experiment and do things your own way. see ya in space!

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - SnakThree - 09-30-2014

Complaining about using Broadsword and Falchion against one Sunrider, while you yourself have used 3 snubcrafts on my Waran is so hypocritical.

Also, complaining about unfair odds when you are jittering is hilarious if not disgusting.

Could you please stop complaining each time you do not suceed in getting blue yourself?

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Vigilantes - 09-30-2014

I agree, I reacted impulsively there and didn't think it through too much.
Pardon.

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Evo - 10-05-2014

I'm rather confused at two things.

One, why do you use the LPI ID and IFF if you hate them and aren't them? Flying with LPI papers OR LN papers without being either is quite simply impersonating an officer and will get the faction reprimanded pretty heavily by the government. That's not mentioning shooting people without sanctions by the government. The sanctioned civilians permitted to do so are on the bounty board registration or hired on the spot as needed. I see you hunting them down without either. Obviously this coincides with question #2.

Two, what kind of authorization do you have from the Republic of Liberty to do what you do? You're not bounty hunters, that much is clear. Is there some comm post that was left out, or did nobody care enough yet to do something about it?

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Fifty. - 10-05-2014

Save your breath, any constructive criticism is ignored.

Just learn to look the other way when it comes to this vaguely constructed wet dream-faction. Like we do with most homeless people begging for money.

There are multiple issues with the faction idea, none of which addressed or even acknowledged. Just because someone wrote a decent story in a wall of text, doesn't mean the whole thing can ignore the obvious ID and LORE problems with already established RP.

Wait, I'm wasting my time again.

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Evo - 10-05-2014

(10-05-2014, 10:41 PM)Fifty. Wrote: Save your breath, any constructive criticism is ignored.

Just learn to look the other way when it comes to this vaguely constructed wet dream-faction. Like we do with most homeless people begging for money.

There are multiple issues with the faction idea, none of which addressed or even acknowledged. Just because someone wrote a decent story in a wall of text, doesn't mean the whole thing can ignore the obvious ID and LORE problems with already established RP.

Wait, I'm wasting my time again.

Np, I'm attempting to figure it out here first to find out if they're unaware before taking it in RP. I try not to burn a factions relations if it can be helped. It's different and could be nice if they paid attention to the RP side of things as well as ooRP side. I'm assuming the ID is used because it makes it easier to enforce laws, but one cannot enforce laws easily if you're rephacked hostile to the stations and NPCs in Liberty.

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Fifty. - 10-05-2014

The ID is used for TLAGSNET, nothing more.

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Vigilantes - 10-06-2014

Quote:One, why do you use the LPI ID and IFF if you hate them and aren't them?
It's not that we're hating them, we are simply making fun of them. We aren't using Freelancer or Bounty Hunter ID because of bounty rules that limit our ability to enforce the law directly.

Quote:Flying with LPI papers OR LN papers without being either is quite simply impersonating an officer and will get the faction reprimanded pretty heavily by the government.
As said before, we use the LPI ID simply because there was nothing better as the original Vigilante ID was retired. In cases where this is pointed out to us, we do simply get around it in cheeky ways as 'visual bug on your end' and so on. That's a purely mechanical matter.

Quote:Two, what kind of authorization do you have from the Republic of Liberty to do what you do? You're not bounty hunters, that much is clear. Is there some comm post that was left out, or did nobody care enough yet to do something about it?
No, we don't have any authorisation. Although, the fact that nobody's done anything about it is probably due to, first, inactivity of LPI and second, the fact that the entire law enforcement in Liberty is mercenaries right now and very rarely some random Navy indie logging. [LN] officials are nowhere to be seen, LPI- from time to time, and that's a rookie most of the time.

Also, some time ago Spazzy wrote a moderately sensible post that I'd recommend you to read.

Quote:any constructive criticism is ignored.
You're wrong, you're just repeating yourself. And we'd have to go to eristic arguments if we were to continue your point any further, so we'd rather just save ourselves the hassle.

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Thyrzul - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 05:07 AM)Vigilantes Wrote: As said before, we use the LPI ID simply because there was nothing better as the original Vigilante ID was retired.

The original Vigilante ID was meant to be used by actual vigilantes. When questioned earlier about your name you stated multiple times that it is arbitrary and in fact you are not real vigilantes. Now what?

RE: Vigilantes | General Information and Feedback - Evo - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 05:07 AM)Vigilantes Wrote:
Quote:One, why do you use the LPI ID and IFF if you hate them and aren't them?
It's not that we're hating them, we are simply making fun of them. We aren't using Freelancer or Bounty Hunter ID because of bounty rules that limit our ability to enforce the law directly.

Quote:Flying with LPI papers OR LN papers without being either is quite simply impersonating an officer and will get the faction reprimanded pretty heavily by the government.
As said before, we use the LPI ID simply because there was nothing better as the original Vigilante ID was retired. In cases where this is pointed out to us, we do simply get around it in cheeky ways as 'visual bug on your end' and so on. That's a purely mechanical matter.

You do not NEED to use the LPI ID or LN ID. Especially because ID's are an inRP item with a possible exception to wild. Using an ID for out of RP reasons to get around rules isn't too great. You want to be unlawful vigilantes? Use the pirate ID for now. Demand fines from people that break laws, most don't even pay. You want to enforce Liberty laws? Make an arrangement with the government to give you a special bounty board or actually make the effort to get an ID added.

The choice of LPI ID in itself stinks of just wanting TLAGSNET, especially because your base of operations is a rogue Naval ship. There's no relation to LPI in the faction lore. I think you're just taking the easy way out and want additional perks you shouldn't have. Work with what you have and try to get more via the correct channels be it oorp through the admins or irp through the Liberty government. My character will happily arrest you for impersonating a police officer in the current situation.

As for Spazzy's post.. I'm afraid I don't really see the relevance. You're free to explain what you mean if you so wish.