Discovery Gaming Community
House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs (/showthread.php?tid=129217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Geolog - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 05:45 PM)jammi Wrote: I still don't understand why people are using the phrase 'wild west' though. These systems are the arteries that connect Houses.

They are not discrete, low population, strategically insignificant or out the way. They are literally the conduits through which all pan-House trade and travel is conducted.

The actual wild systems are the deep Omegas, Taus and Omicrons. This just shows the clear disconnect between administration and development, when ID changes pretty much ignore story development and system design.

This, because many people RP and wild west this wild west that. Wild west was present and over as it should be. Need I not remind people that there is no wild west today even thought there was one before. It got consumed by countries ''aka houses'' and turned into civilization and not left to be a lawless place where crimes, drugs, killings and what not thrived.

Every colonization works in a way of expanding. If you are colonizing system bordering your empire you make sure to secure vital supply lines. You don't leave it open for piracy. The single most important aspect of colonization is establishing a secure line back to your home systems. That's how the colonization work. It has been practiced by Humanity on Earth before and it will be again once Humanity advances to space travel and moves to other worlds. There is no going back to anarchy. The civilization is coming and as much as some don't like it, it's staying there.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - nOmnomnOm - 05-10-2015

Independent systems should be independent.
since everyone here is using logic into this there here is my point:
Space is big. There is parts that will not be controlled.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:49 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Independent systems should be independent.
since everyone here is using logic into this there here is my point:
Space is big. There is parts that will not be controlled.
There's established lore though. Fair enough not the deep(er) borderworlds, such as Omega-9 or Baffin, but border systems have some sort of lawful presence.

To say the least, disco in it's current state cannot accommodate such a change. It'd be better for the staff to focus on adding (for example adding lucrative mining spots with lucrative sell points to deep borderworlds like Omega-9), rather than taking away.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - t0l - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:49 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Space is big. There is parts that will not be controlled.

See: Deep Omicrons, Taus, Omegas. Examples include Omicron Delta, O-5/O-11/O-9.

Independant systems bordering house space facilitate lots of inter-house trade. It would be paramount to maintain a presence and defend outbound/incoming traffic.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Croft - 05-10-2015

Some clarification on the Treaty of Curacao and Cortez would be nice, considering the Gallics are now roaming through into California I'd like to know exactly where OSC stands in all this so we can plan accordingly.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - HuggieSunrise - 05-10-2015

This change is perfectly in line with rp. Considering all the houses affected have been in a state of war for several years. Despite industrial output and stocks of supplies and volunteers. Armies shrink, boundaries of power shrink. Battles are more strategic and planned. Criminals and independent forces rise because of the slipping grasp and attentions of the governments as the inevitable truths of losing a war become more real.

Though With Gallia.. im guessing its hinted thier "winning"?. I dunno.. personally I think the story needs a major switch up. But as things are progressing. This is progress. the only thing to do is see how those effected deal with the changes. you know besides sitting still and crying about it.

For those who.. dont care.. the (J thing) events over the past month has made several members leave with little interest to come back. This change being advantageous to groups like junkers aren't going to bring them back. and for those other groups that have greater freedom now I have more then a slightly all encompassing doubt activity will be rekindled by the old guard.

Hope is placed on the newbies. and those ignorant of the drama here. So lets all do ourselves a collective favor. try to be friends. be constructive not show your ass in these vindictive replies about an admin change. your hatred accomplishes squat.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - nOmnomnOm - 05-10-2015

If u have played SciFi games... You can see it is not like earth where we have boarders. Space is 3D. Independent systems and boarder worlds systems kinda show that house space is not right next to each other.
it makes sence to have a no-mans-land and also it is a good call in terms of gameplay I think...
Either way every change will bring pos and neg effects.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - jammi - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:56 PM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: This change is perfectly in line with rp. Considering all the houses affected have been in a state of war for several years. Despite industrial output and stocks of supplies and volunteers. Armies shrink, boundaries of power shrink. Battles are more strategic and planned. Criminals and independent forces rise because of the slipping grasp and attentions of the governments as the inevitable truths of losing a war become more real.

Actually it's not in line with RP. It's a sudden and arbitrary decision that's been imposed despite existing lore and story arcs that directly contradict it. Tongue

I honestly don't mind if people try to justify this from a gameplay perspective - even if I disagree it's beneficial - but there's absolutely no roleplay justification for this development.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Miaou - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:56 PM)Croft Wrote: Some clarification on the Treaty of Curacao and Cortez would be nice, considering the Gallics are now roaming through into California I'd like to know exactly where OSC stands in all this so we can plan accordingly.

Be ready to be pirated without the support of house lawfuls who have patrolled those systems in the past.

I'm not actually sure about how Gallia would treat Curacao and the OSC. PM on skype or something if you wanna talk about it.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 07:03 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: If u have played SciFi games... You can see it is not like earth where we have boarders. Space is 3D. Independent systems and boarder worlds systems kinda show that house space is not right next to each other.
It's not that far off from the houses. RM have a Battleship in O-7. BAF have a planet in O-3. Influence seems somewhat secured there, me thinks.

(05-10-2015, 07:03 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: it makes sence to have a no-mans-land and also it is a good call in terms of gameplay I think...
House navy and police can no longer engage unlawfuls in the border worlds. How is that productive to gameplay? Other loop holes have been shown.

(05-10-2015, 07:03 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Either way every change will bring pos and neg effects.
What if I told you there's a solution which brings all the positive effects without bringing any negative ones? We just need to be patient and hope Devs will listen.