Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Official Event] The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core (/showthread.php?tid=131151)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Evo - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 11:03 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: as some leaders, without saying specifically who, can be clouded by irregular thought and oorp grudges

bruh we already know exactly whom you're referring to. no reason to pretend you're not tbf'ing him. and if he actually had the power to mobilize that many people to screw you over, he probably would've done so already on different occasions.

as for oorp grudges, tell me that 20m bounty y'all just posted doesn't stem from this considering the amount of rage. The same result could be accomplished by a much smaller bounty without encouraging outright extermination. i've seen huge blanket bounties like that three times. they either bankrupted themselves making it in an attempt to defend themselves or it stemmed from oorp hatred and simply didn't care. Core| doesn't have an issue with Order| hunting them down so you tell me which it is.

edit: I see it was removed. good call.

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Tarator - 07-12-2015

You had your chances. I myself had no idea that so many Order indies would appear, and I guess most people didn't. I don't say it wasn't one-sided, but you didn't even bother making an effort, and not just that. Who to predict that there will be some Core who would prefer to log as Order? I fail to see the logic in this seriously.

And please don't come up justifying it with that thought of yours on balancing the sides if Order would have had less numbers. Seeing some 30 Order indies logging five minutes before the event, you had all the time in the world to relog to your Core chars anyways.

The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Lythrilux - 07-12-2015

The issue was that after seeing several disturbing things from the Order side that morning, my guys started to become demotivated. All the glory of having a genuine pew like the Corsair one from the previous day was slowly starting to wither. I tried as hard as I could to motivate people, I had a bit of hope that the Order side might pull through and try to ensure that both sides could have fun.

(07-11-2015, 06:24 PM)Scourgeclaw: [time sensitive] Cruiser Cloak Wanted Wrote: I need one and I need it before the event today

it's totally not for scumbag reasons.

Lets be honest that doesn't really fill the other side with confidence that they're going to have fun.

I'm not going to say my own faction made the bulk of that Order fleet though. That would be silly, I teach people to be considerate so I hope half my faction didn't suddenly jump ship xD

I mean I don't blame everyone for why so many indies showed up. I could certainly grab names if I wanted to but I won't. Like I told you on skype Bloxin, the stress test was meant to be a way for the sides to be gauged. Corsairs brought a little more than what they brought at the stress event and Core brought a little less, which made for a decent event as people knew which sides to log for. Order sadly didn't turn up. The link was spammed all over disco and continually bumped. I can't believe that people would've missed it, as you described to me.

Running these events is a collaborative effort between factions, staff and players. We all have to work together to ensure the maximum fun for the participants.

(07-12-2015, 05:13 PM)axisdeus Wrote: The point is no Order was near Dabadoru before the event started, no evidence to back up your claims provided either and your reply is full of childish spite. I am sorry now, for even trying to consider giving my thoughts on this. I see mounts of fresh pineapples rolling now. Give your best...will land on deaf ears.

I jumped from Rho as I was giving Nyx a CM for a Mako. When I jumped into Delta it was about 19:01 UTC: There were already ships at Dabadoru shooting the Battleship. Our interceptor also informed us that some of the Order ships had started moving/cloaked a bit before the event began. Though that's just my word, and I can't give you evidence to fully satisfy your query as I didn't take many screens. So any skepticism at my statement is understandable.

EDIT: an admin actually followed a cloaked group they proceeded towards the objective before the event began.

RE: - Kauket - 07-13-2015

(07-12-2015, 05:13 PM)axisdeus Wrote: You are giving yourself to much credit lad. I am not interested in petty talk nor do I keep grudges over a game towards anyone. If this is the case with you, well...too bad, mister.

The point is no Order was near Dabadoru before the event started, no evidence to back up your claims provided either and your reply is full of childish spite. I am sorry now, for even trying to consider giving my thoughts on this. I see mounts of fresh pineapples rolling now. Give your best...will land on deaf ears.

first of, i'm not really mad about it, or really care of what people think of me, or what happened ingame, i don't care if the nomads win, the core wins, or the order wins. and i'm going to heavily imply my careness by not having any grammatical effort at all

second of all, this is kinda silly tbh, you're fighting fire with fire, i mean, the corsair event was pretty rad since people actually concentrated on having fun than just lolcircling with each other on ts and going "oh bad faction ha ha 0wnd god i hate them" which is pretty lame. and now all people seem to say is typical silly arguements like ""oh hurdurrr you're just salty hurdur mad"" instead of being reasonable to each other. i mean, christ, is this kindergarten?

but hey, i know this is going to mean nothing because i'm a ""ecksdeele epic trolebutt"" apparently, but this was the rough time of the screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/jhJzIlr.png

oh who am i kidding, i'm in core so clearly i'm a bad person.

but yeah. moral of the story, stop slinging poop at each other and i'm even aiming this at core people too. it's dumb. it's a game, stop getting so spicy, and tbh it could have been fun if people actually gave an effort to shoot each other instead of going "lol we win event now byebase ha ha steamrolled" or logging off in distaste from seeing the mass numbers of the other side.

but outside of the game, eg skype, teamspeak, whatever, this could have been handled sooooo much better but everyone seems to hold a grudge over each other because of a stupid pixel name, funny how friendships were destroyed over a small thing.

oh well, i'm not allowed to act in my own manner apparently either, okay then. back to being a 9 year old amiright? ? ? ? ???? ?

Seriously, I don't hold any grudges against anyone, I just want to have fun and others to have fun. People just prejudice and make assumptions about the other person too much. Which happens too much. I don't like taking part of threads or discussions like this, but this event could have gone better. For both 'sides'.
(I'm tired and it's like 6:00am so I might be contradicting myself but w/e I said what I needed to say, which meant nothing at all but o well)

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - pillow - 07-13-2015

Eh.
This thread is still fun as hell.

I really love the fact how most people immediately come to the conclusion that a person should be shot in the face just because he or she happens to be in a game...group. A Skype chat. Has characters with a tag. Seriously?

This place is slowly degrading into something worse than the League of Legends community, Counter Strike one or even Call of Duty. All I see everyday is pointless salt being thrown left and right to some random people in some faction mostly because the said faction is on the top of the activity list and because we happened to win a lot of fights in the past, automatically being that Omicron faction "every single ace" join. I'm flattered.

This is really starting to get boring. There's barely any players out there nowadays with a functioning brain to actually look at the people and not the tag. Everyone is just "wow you're core please go kill urself". At least, that's what I see every time I open up the forums.

Whatevs.
The game is already pretty boring. Having the fifty players that still play this game shout at you for having a tag only adds to that. At least hate me for being a twat or something, I dunno. Hating people over a game is pretty dumb overall. And pretty much everyone here knows that.

EH
Said my piece three minutes after I woke up. Possible lack of sense and grammatical errors imminent.
h3h3h3

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Sath - 07-13-2015

(07-12-2015, 05:39 PM)Bloxin Wrote: I don't say it wasn't one-sided, but you didn't even bother making an effort, and not just that. Who to predict that there will be some Core who would prefer to log as Order? I fail to see the logic in this seriously.

And please don't come up justifying it with that thought of yours on balancing the sides if Order would have had less numbers. Seeing some 30 Order indies logging five minutes before the event, you had all the time in the world to relog to your Core chars anyways.

Please, effort you say? What effort would you make when its a 13 vs 36? Still then we sent in the first wave and got crushed. That was all the effing effort we could put. No one, in his right mind would have relogged for the second time since it was a pathetic waste of time.

Also, who are those Core people you are speaking of? All I know was Carter and Shizune (because Shiz was in Order| and he logged for Core| the previous day) who logged for the Order, for god knows what purpose. Make some sense please.

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Tarator - 07-13-2015

(07-13-2015, 08:15 AM)Sath Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 05:39 PM)Bloxin Wrote: I don't say it wasn't one-sided, but you didn't even bother making an effort, and not just that. Who to predict that there will be some Core who would prefer to log as Order? I fail to see the logic in this seriously.

Please, effort you say? What effort would you make when its a 13 vs 36? Still then we sent in the first wave and got crushed. That was all the effing effort we could put. No one, in his right mind would have relogged for the second time since it was a pathetic waste of time.

Also, who are those Core people you are speaking of? All I know was Carter and Shizune (because Shiz was in Order| and he logged for Core| the previous day) who logged for the Order, for god knows what purpose. Make some sense please.

I'm not even counting shizune here, but here I'll give you some sense (my God you really are.... no comment).
There are 3 more, but I won't like dropping their names here, if they want to, they shall come by themselves, and also give their thoughts on the event.

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Chuba - 07-13-2015

so much salt, stop being so salty people forget about this crap event, it was horrible event anyways, it's past, move on.

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - Tarator - 07-13-2015

Can't agree more with that, still there are those people here that come to talk of "sense", that I can't help with, but only laugh.

RE: The Battle for Nauru || Fri/Sat, 10th/11th July || Core vs Corsairs + Order vs Core - NoMe - 07-13-2015

bloxin

maybe, people is really afraid by the blue things! oops by the creatures! the Order is here for that no? Core is dangerous, too much *exposés* i mean their members. Only the order have a labo automatically mounted in their vessels who protect them! i know a guy who have 3 proofs of core pilots infested!