Discovery Gaming Community
[split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. (/showthread.php?tid=162867)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Omicron - 07-19-2018

I was 5 minutes from posting litany of litanies litanies on how terrible was the Konigsberg naming convention but Kazinsal posted announcment that it was going to be fixed.

It was actually that bad that MND prison was called after a place that consisted of actual nazi prison facility.

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Banned player t202085 - 07-19-2018

(07-19-2018, 12:12 AM)Omicron Wrote: MND prison was called after a place that consisted of actual nazi prison facility.

Okay yeah, that's too far

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - LaWey - 07-19-2018

(07-19-2018, 12:12 AM)Omicron Wrote: It was actually that bad that MND prison was called after a place that consisted of actual nazi prison facility.
Oh now i got point why it so offending. Tbh as russian i absolutely ok with all that naming, we have our pride after all, and Koningsberg really important as origin of German state. BUT PUT PRISON STATION IN IT? Yes. That just... damn..that...

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Kazinsal - 07-19-2018

(07-19-2018, 12:17 AM)Silverlight Wrote: Okay yeah, that's too far

Yeah that was the general feel of going through the names that were submitted for things in that system through various encyclopedias and history books.

It was not a good situation. We rectified it. End of story.

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Solo Wing Sagume - 07-19-2018

The former Silesians that are in other parts of germany now are thinking a bit different. To forbid those former german silesians to call Silesia home is a bit also far-right thinking.

That Wilhelm II was a freaking prick I know that is why I detest him, still he wanted to create a polish state which shows that prussians do not want poles to extinct as an example. It shows atleast that it has not to be it always or as an absolute.

Okay you are in the Order and know the story then sorry for question that.

Maybe the Devs could have clarified why it is königsberg and not Palatinate for an example.
To root out nazi symbolism is great and I will support that, but prussia is no nazi symbolism and it is racist to say all prussians are freaking polish people hating nazis. People can change, with that prussian people might also change other germans achieved that aswell so why them not too?

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Banned player t202085 - 07-19-2018

(07-19-2018, 12:21 AM)Kazinsal Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 12:17 AM)Silverlight Wrote: Okay yeah, that's too far

Yeah that was the general feel of going through the names that were submitted for things in that system through various encyclopedias and history books.

It was not a good situation. We rectified it. End of story.

Okay, I did at first glance honestly believe this was pandering but after reading some of the info cards and place names stuff just got "too real" I can see why you would have changed that

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - Omicron - 07-19-2018

There's no "former Silesian". We are Silesians. We are recognized as having our own separate language by Germany, Poland, European Union and I am not sure here but I believe Czech Republic too. German Silesians are still Silesians even if they speak funny to us. Separatists or "Germanification" groups are literally fringe movements that died decades ago because they literally had near-zero approval rate by the local population. Most of Silesia composed into the first Polish state and those regions were returned to us in aftermath of 1945, that is a fact and we co-exist. Economically we would be both devastated if we went our own separate ways.

RE: [split] Discussion over Political influence and names in Discovery. - WesternPeregrine - 07-19-2018

Good thing no one thought of naming it Danzig, place a gmg station there, and retroactively make it the cause of the 80 years war because of an ultimatum eh?