Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=17934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - akka1000 - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:They say Zoners do not distinguish between their characters and their players.

Wow.

Not much else to say really.

This is an RP feedback forum yes?
I was responding RPishly (new word:D)

meh, take it how you see it, im not fussed

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - n00bl3t - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:This is an RP feedback forum yes?
I was responding RPishly (new word:D)

meh, take it how you see it, im not fussed

Feedback about RP and feedback in-RP are two different things.

Although, I am interested to see your failure of a justification for how this feedback could possibly be an RP interaction, as it will involve labeling one player as part of a singular NPC faction and no other, which fails in an of itself considering how varied players are, and then how communication would exist between NPC faction enemies.

Taking it how it is. Not too fussed anyway.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - lousal - 10-21-2010

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Stoat - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:Do you even know how many discussions we've had about using FR5 on the BHG ID because of Core actions? Looking at it retrospectively and witnessing the lack of your understanding what the Core is doing to the RP of the regular Guild is annoying, because I'm getting the notion that we should haven been just making our requests without further deliberation.

' Wrote:All in all, I believe you should either split off your ID from the regular Guild again, or start something like a greater advertisement of your special RP in order to give the community a chance to understand why you are still Bounty Hunters.

Lou, I'm going to respond to this little bit as guildmaster of the BHG in Bretonia.

If this is what you think should be done, please do it. The RP of the Core is obviously going to have implications for the house hunting regular BHG. I can only state that we welcome it. One of the whole points of the Core RP is to generate MORE RP. If you want to contact Bretonia, or Rheinland, or Liberty or Kusari to try and cause trouble for the BHG (as opposed to the Core), just go ahead and do it.

Complaints about the effect the Core's RP may have upon the regular BHG are pointless here, when the regular BHG is currently experiencing NO repurcussions from the actions of the Core in the Omicrons. Should that change, believe it or not we are ready to deal with those consequences in RP. Should the outcome of that be that the BHG has to separate itself from the Core, so be it.

What we do not want is for this to happen because of complaints on the forums. This is something that should only happen in game because of the in game consequences of the Core's actions.

Now to move on to something that was posted by yourself in the "To the Omicroners" thread. Normally I don't really care too much about the petty bitching and backbiting that goes on in these kinds of threads, but one of your posts deserves this.

' Wrote:You're not completely right. If one of the former ZTC members is demanding a trustful team member it is not happening without a cause. We've learned two things since then: The server janitor can blackmail the whole community, and the Core behaviour in-game changed significantly since A&L Guy started to host this server. We're alright with it, but it's pretty much explaining what's actually going on. There's no mysterious conspiracy behind it, and we're certainly not blackening the Admins. Period.

Duck and run? No!

I can only tell you how hugely disappointed I am in you that something as paranoid, and wholly and completely wrong, could be seriously posted in ANY thread on Disco.

A&L started hosting the game server in September 2009. He began hosting the forums in July 2010. He was promoted to Guildmaster in September 2010.

In all the time I have known him, A&L has NEVER used his position as hoster of the server to affect, IN ANY WAY, the RP of the BHG, either the regular or Core part. To outright accuse him of doing so is incredibly insulting, not only to him personally, but also to the rest of us that make up the BHG.

Just so you know, here is a list of the BHG Guildmasters. We are the ones you directly insult with that afore mentioned accusation.

Stoat
A&L Guy
Agmen
Akka
Dashiell
Jongleur
JakeSG
Montezuma
Pipboy
Zig

Oh yeah, and I'm definately not going to forget one other, who has now left the server. Athenian.

You also insult, by association, every single member of the BHG. I'm not even going to start to try and name all of them.

No single Guildmaster has ANY ability to change any facet of the RP direction of any part of the BHG without the agreement, and input, of all the others. We guildmasters have all agreed on the direction of the Core RP for well over a year, long before A&L had any kind of say as to where we might go with it.

I truly hope you can understand just how poorly you acted in posting the accusation you did.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - lousal - 10-21-2010

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Zelot - 10-21-2010

I would just like to point out for Lou, and also for others, while I see your point about A&M, I think it's slightly off. I would say that in the period you discussed Lou, the major change in the BHG and Core was Athenian leaving the helm and Agmen taking it up. I think that and not A&L, is the reason for the change in BHG and Core rp.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Riebezagel - 10-21-2010

hello,
seems you go that wrong. we don't talk about A&L and Rp changes here, but A&L threatening a player. i bet some credits that A&L isn't that active in developing core rp, because the server and forum needs some time too. this isn't really the topic, but the answer why i asked for a trustworthy person handling the encryption stuff.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Stoat - 10-21-2010

Lou, I'm afraid that Occam's Razor does not apply here, at least not in the way you have postulated.

The simplest explanation is that we, the members of the official Bounty Hunters Guild faction, have all agreed on the direction the RP of the Core will take. It most certainly is not that a single person has used the fact that he hosts the server to alter the RP of the BHG|Core.

This is what I am trying to get across to you Lou. The "Life of Miller" you have posted is certainly an RP time-line of events, not that you needed to point them out. I've been a member of the BHG since it began, and keep abreast of what's going on within it. Some of your conclusions, however, are incorrect. But that has been gone over, and over, and over and no-one appears to want to hear what we're saying.

Zelot is probably correct that the biggest change in the direction the RP of the Core took is when Agmen took over the faction. That's hardly surprising. New leader, new ideas, etc. But I can still only tell you that ALL the decisions we make are group ones.

If you choose to disbelieve that, then there's nothing further we can do. Unless you'd prefer we had an impartial Admin member in our Guildmasters skype channel who can monitor every word we say and report back to the community on the validity of our comments? Sound feasible to you? Doesn't to me.

I know that there are a large number of people out there, some of whom you represent, that dislike the BHG|Core RP. That's absolutely fine. Combat it in the game. Combat it in character. Whether that be by fighting against the Core, or bending the ears of the Houses to outlaw the normal hunters, or by diplomatic talks.

What I (and all of the guildmasters of the BHG) want to see is less complaining about it on the forums in an out of roleplay context with the conspiracy theories about this person or that person deliberately doing x, y or z to whoever, and a whole lot more role-playing both on the forums and in the game, so that RP repercussions happen.

I'm sorry that you are unable to understand why your personal attack on A&L Guy is wrong. You do owe him an apology for it. I can only hope that you come to realise that in time.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-21-2010

Regarding Omicron-74 system ownership -

Prior to the ZTC purchasing the system, we had extended feelers about purchasing that system ourselves. That was while the system was unowned, due to the AW not being around, and before the DW fully left. So we already had covetous intentions towards it.

Everything since then is simply us following up on that, since we're (in RP) convinced that you're leaving, and that we're moving in.

As for our dealings with Zoners - it's not like can just change things overnight. It does have to build up in RP, after all. They didn't just one day say, Hey, we're Mollies and now we're working together with the BAF, did they? Our change in RP regarding the Zoners in the Omicrons has been building for more than a year.

Nomad remains are still considered Nomad specimens. So we can demand them. If you recall, in that specific incident, while there were cap ships hanging around, the ship that made the actual original demand was a bomber. There is a big difference between being told we can't do something - which is what we actually were told by the pilot holding them - versus someone choosing not to comply, which is what the pilot holding them did.

Regarding the change or modifications to our RP - Ath was a fighter pilot, I'm a cap ship pilot. We have right now 4 skype channels. Our big chat, that gets spammed a lot. Our Guildmaster chat, where the only ones involved are the Guildmasters, and we discuss things. Our Emergency chat, which is open to everyone but only used to call in help. And our House Hunters chat - where we discuss stuff about who's hunting in house, and set things up there.

I find your comment about tolerating things interesting. We've tolerated what's been happening to us at Freeport 11 for a long time. That's why we're acting and reacting. Remember one thing when you consider us 'tolerating' behavior in our own faction - while I am ultimately in charge of the faction (just as before, Athenian was in charge), as Stoat stated, the Guildmasters as a group CHOSE for the Core RP to go this way.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Jinx - 10-21-2010

two things

the demand of 74 was received as very poor taste. - as if you re already starting to share the stuff of someone that died 5 minutes ago in his death bed - and now you re discussing who gets what.

it may have been better to really wait for a week or two. ( if the faction had disbanded - chances that the system was claimed again were small, cause OSI and TAZ are settled - and by the new rules, no other zoner faction could have risen up )

about the BHG incident and the nomad samples:

it was perceived as a serious incursion into the privacy of the zoners. - yes, you CAN claim nomads....

but lets be truthful. - a bounty hunter also does not claim nomad samples in the LSF guard system surrounded by LSF players. - why does he not do it, even if the ID and rules tell him he "can"? - cause its the wrong thing to do.

the BHG were next to FP11, playermade rules or not - it was next to the station. - demanding nomad samples in the middle of delta is no problem ( and from what i know - has never caused a problem ) - but sitting with half a fleet next to a station that is not yours - and demanding something from the owners of said station was perceived as "inproper".

about bombers asking etc.

in piracy we have a nice rule. - you cannot pirate others when you re grouped or together with a capital warship. - no matter if its the bomber doing the asking - its the whole fleet that is being recognized as a threat.

thats just a little explanation. - both incidents have caused some indignation ( but then - both incidents were in the past and hardly of any concern today anymore )