Discovery Gaming Community
Technology Compatibility Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Technology Compatibility Update (/showthread.php?tid=200086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Czechmate - 10-31-2023

Am I getting it correctly that if you have ID lines for the class and want to keep the standard ID you no longer need SRP but just techcompat? What is the approval process for it on the back end?

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Wildkins - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 02:30 PM)Czechmate Wrote: Am I getting it correctly that if you have ID lines for the class and want to keep the standard ID you no longer need SRP but just techcompat? What is the approval process for it on the back end?

Rule of thumb is - techexempt if it's something reasonable but on the fringe of your normal tech compat (An IMG capital for a CR character, for example), SRP if it involves ID changes, restricted ships/equipment, or a very involved / unorthodox combination (LSF Togo, as a random example)

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Jayce - 10-31-2023

thank you john

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Uknown - 10-31-2023

So @Wildkins can you allow the =CR= and other factions that permit the cargo allowance to use the Liners?
Please!! i really love to use my Renzu Liner with the =CR= ID, is just kinda awesome! follow that, we already know that Liners are considered as Civilian Tech, and Renzu was at my knowns a Civilian Tech, just incredible Luxury Liner like the Top-End of any Civilian Tech (the reason just only a handful of them are seen in Sirius, due being expensive as hell costing more than a crusier and even an enterprise)
But my request is
Can you make Liners have Civilian Tech to any faction has Cargo Allowance?
Pleaase~~!!

--
Liners should be considered as Civilian Tech so anyone can use them as long their ID permit it
--

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Kauket - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 03:16 PM)Uknown Wrote: So @Wildkins can you allow the =CR= and other factions that permit the cargo allowance to use the Liners?
Please!! i really love to use my Renzu Liner with the =CR= ID, is just kinda awesome! follow that, we already know that Liners are considered as Civilian Tech, and Renzu was at my knowns a Civilian Tech, just incredible Luxury Liner like the Top-End of any Civilian Tech (the reason just only a handful of them are seen in Sirius, due being expensive as hell costing more than a crusier and even an enterprise)
But my request is
Pleaase~~!!

--
Liners should be considered as Civilian Tech so anyone can use them as long their ID permit it
--

OSC Orbital Spa & Cruise Ships
dsy_dorado, dsy_taurus

the liners are already in civilian cell - they have been for the past like 7 years, it's just the freighters/fighter bomber you can't use

(10-31-2023, 03:17 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 03:16 PM)Uknown Wrote: So @Wildkins can you allow the =CR= and other factions that permit the cargo allowance to use the Liners?
But my request is
Pleaase~~!!

--
--

OSC Orbital Spa & Cruise Ships
dsy_dorado, dsy_taurus

the liners are already in civilian cell - they have been for the past like 7 years, it's just the freighters/fighter bomber you can't use

I have a Renzu Liner with my =CR= ID and it tell me having it having 10% of Core

As i show in here, telling me the "Issue" is the Renzu Liner with no Tech-Compat done

Keep image width within 700px please ~Karst

That's the Renzu shipline. If you ever get confused on what's what, find the internal name of the ship, open up tech compat and ctrl+f for the internal name, it'll show what cell its under.

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Nika - 10-31-2023

Is it safe to assume all techcompat requests filled out before the change from 75% to 10% will be denied on that basis? Asking not as someone who filled one but as someone whose ship is involved in one.

(10-31-2023, 03:17 PM)Kauket Wrote: OSC Orbital Spa & Cruise Ships
dsy_dorado, dsy_taurus

(10-31-2023, 03:43 PM)Kauket Wrote: That's the Renzu shipline. If you ever get confused on what's what, find the internal name of the ship, open up tech compat and ctrl+f for the internal name, it'll show what cell its under.

Do you take the note @Kauket both answers differ?
I had always 100% before with this Liner with the exact same ID
Since i asked about the Renzu Liner ....

@Karst ah, uhm, do you know the command to make it like withd or something? never worked me in the past :c ... but thank you for letting me know max height is ~700px

[imgw ] [/imgw] (without the spaces obviously) ~Karst

Either it's an oversight or intended? Renzu is apparently supposed to be a luxury line. You could tech exempt it if you have backing RP.